• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's all happening a bit fast! - U/D

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Well...things are certainly accelerating with Lillian and Henry. Here was I thinking that that are playing it cool-just taking time and slowly bonding. Oh how wrong I was.
I came downstairs this morning to find the pair of them 'spooned up' on the love mat outside their indoor cages. Lillian in a 'Y' sploof facing away from me and Henry sprawled across her facing me. "Hmm" I thought. That's positive.
So tonight when we get home from work, Lillian zooms outside-like she does. Henry straight into the living room as usual. Then, 20 minutes ago, I look in the garden. The last frontier as far as Henry was concerned because he has never ventured onto it. There, halfway up the garden on the lawn is Henry, closely shadowed by Lillian. Interesting. But it gets better..
The pair of schemers work their way up the garden, with chief instigator Lillian leading the way. Henry has the most outrageous exaggerated hop you've ever seen as he bounds up the garden, exploring new places. And Lillian takes him right up to the garage door-the little minx! She loves going in the garage but it was locked up. But she deliberately took him right up to it and the little schemer followed. Talk about deliberately leading someone up the garden path!
This was then followed by the pair of them binking and playing together- Lillian seeking out Henry and playing a game called follow me. It was just beautiful to watch. I've now got to try to get the pair of them in for the night, but now Henry has realised the garden is not a scary place, he's going to be a nightmare to get in. But the joy I. Seeing them bond before my eyes was just astonishing and although I'm still apprehensive, I do feel each day is forming a stronger bond of trust and love between them. It almost brings a small tear to my eyes.
I'll keep the updates coming!

This morning I opened up the doors to the garden and two balls of fur physically push my legs out of the way in their excitement to get outside. Henry has now decided that the living room is for old people-like me! The garden is much better. And boy, can that nethie run. He shot up the garden path straight to the garage. All I saw were the pale furry blurs of the soles of his hind hocks. He sat by the garage door waiting as if by some magic it was going to open. I'm sure Lillian has somehow told him its some secret play area! Lillian is never far behind and there's plenty of binking and exploring going on. I must get some photos put up as soon as I get my PC back. Onwards and upwards as they say......

Last edited:
Aww so cute, you can almost imagine Lillian telling Henry "always come here and check if the garage is open and when it is run inside!"

Well...things are certainly accelerating with Lillian and Henry. Here was I thinking that that are playing it cool-just taking time and slowly bonding. Oh how wrong I was.
I came downstairs this morning to find the pair of them 'spooned up' on the love mat outside their indoor cages. Lillian in a 'Y' sploof facing away from me and Henry sprawled across her facing me. "Hmm" I thought. That's positive.
So tonight when we get home from work, Lillian zooms outside-like she does. Henry straight into the living room as usual. Then, 20 minutes ago, I look in the garden. The last frontier as far as Henry was concerned because he has never ventured onto it. There, halfway up the garden on the lawn is Henry, closely shadowed by Lillian. Interesting. But it gets better..
The pair of schemers work their way up the garden, with chief instigator Lillian leading the way. Henry has the most outrageous exaggerated hop you've ever seen as he bounds up the garden, exploring new places. And Lillian takes him right up to the garage door-the little minx! She loves going in the garage but it was locked up. But she deliberately took him right up to it and the little schemer followed. Talk about deliberately leading someone up the garden path!
This was then followed by the pair of them binking and playing together- Lillian seeking out Henry and playing a game called follow me. It was just beautiful to watch. I've now got to try to get the pair of them in for the night, but now Henry has realised the garden is not a scary place, he's going to be a nightmare to get in. But the joy I. Seeing them bond before my eyes was just astonishing and although I'm still apprehensive, I do feel each day is forming a stronger bond of trust and love between them. It almost brings a small tear to my eyes.
I'll keep the updates coming!

Oh wow! Great news :D

That sounds like they already have an amazing bond. Well done and I'm so happy for you and your buns. Keep the updates coming please they are boosting my confidence and making me braver to bond my 2 terror buns :lol: I love a happy update.

Thank you to everyone following and for posting kind and thoughtful comments. It means a lot and are very welcome because I am humbled to be thought of by rabbit lovers far more experienced than I.
Kattymieoww- you may very well be right about the situation. I am still reserved about things but I am just cautious.
Willow and squiggles- I hope you find the inspiration from my story to continue with your bonding. All I have done from day one is to be enormously patient and taken things far slower than I would have wanted to. They both had indoor cages/homes next to each other and both had out time apart because they didn't immediately bond. I tried trips out in a carrier thanks to the great advice from the rescue centre we got Henry from. These few short carrier trips really stressed Lillian out but ultimately I think helped the bonding. But things just happened when they did, very fast. Having soft toys about the place also may have helped and swapping them between cages too.
So, where are we now? Well, Henry is by far the fastest rabbit I've ever seen. He absolutely zooms down the garden and covers ground so quick. He loves to zoom about. Lillian actively looks for Henry now and submits her head immediately for grooming (a sign she is dominant to him) but Lillian is a gentle bun. Henry enjoys grooming but Lillian just likes head licks.
They love being in the garden and both sit next to each other. It's like watching 2 school kids becoming besties. Lillian loves to show Henry all the places she's found in the garden and if he's not near her, she goes looking for him so she is comfortable, emotionally with him and she has developed the need to be with him. This has created 'the bond' which they now share. It's not the same deep love bond that my bridge buns Ben and Georgina had, but theirs was special and unique. Henry and Lillian will hopefully forge a stronger bond as the weeks and time goes by. The pair of them are now chomping through the grass on the lawn right now, so that saves me a job at the weekend. I'll have to go and bring them in for bed soon but they are just happy at sharing their lives together and enjoying a second chance at a life they both deserved.
I'll continue updates as often as I can and thank you all again.

What a lovely update, and as said before, wonderful storytelling. I could almost picture Henry’s little feet as he bounced up to the garage door! Xx

How do you get them in? I call mine in and reward them with pellets. Works a treat (literally haha).

:love: tis heartwarming to hear of your bunnies union.

Did they come in OK? Never mastered it with my bunnies, they came in when they wanted:lol:(capture was possible but hard work & stressful for all)

Joey & boo and Tulsi- yes, getting Lillian and Henry in isn't without its challenges. It's like this: Lillian is quite the 'independant' lady. She's chewing at my leg first thing in the morning watching me put the key in the patio door, nose pushed hard against the glass waiting for the door to slide open. A quick sniff of the air, a quick check that she looks presentable and out she goes. Henry is a bit more refined for now. He's playing it casual.
Lillian 'usually' decides when she comes in - which is fine in the morning before we go to work. As a reward, she gets a couple of dried cranberries- she knows the sound of the bag rattling. It's the evening that's slightly more tricky. If Lillian isn't ready to come in, then she plays a game called 'I'll let you think your coaxing me into the house but when I get to the door, I'll swing 180 degrees and run back up the garden'. That's a really fun game and more often than not, I'm ready for a lie down after 20 minutes of chasey up and down the 30 yard garden. I swear my neighbours think I'm some sort of weirdo shouting "Lillian, come on". Eventually she decides she's had enough and I'm gasping for oxygen and she goes in to the rabbit home. She gets a cranberry cause she's asking for one and she did come in.
Henry hasn't cottoned on to this routine yet- he's too busy nomming on the grass having discovered that the garden is a great place to play and grass is better to eat than to stare at. The fun starts when I can convince Lillian to head in the direction of the house and she goes that way, and Henry realising that playtime is over, decides to go the other way -classic military diversion tactics! And since he runs twice as fast as usain bolt, my chances of catching him in full flight are slim to none! Have you tried to sneak up on a rabbit (or two)? They can see me coming from 20 yards so they have a head start.
The two love birds even sit out in the rain showers so I'm the idiot running round the garden getting soaked whilst they split into different directions. I swear they communicate somehow.
Once in the house, they snuggle under the living room table until bed time and they usually put themselves to bed. They're no bother at all really!!😄

Oh it just all sounds wonderful. You will have to take some nice garden pictures of Hillian!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back