• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Darn Fireworks

Toby

Banned
How are your bunnies coping with the early bangs of fireworks? Don’t get me wrong I love fireworks but poor Toby is shivering in the corner of his cage - so we bring him in the living room with us. Any of your buns coping ok?? this really is a horrible time of year for most animals :(

I left my two in their run the other night and it started to get dark (lost track of time). I went out to get them and realised that fireworks were going off - I looked in horror at the run to see both bunns nibbling away on the grass as if nothing was happening :roll: - I guess living in the house of building works for the past 6 months has hardened them!! :D

However my mother-in-laws rescue dog hates them and has to have the tv/radio up loud if they are being let off :( - when they first got her from a rescue she used to have little accidents if she heard loud noises poor thing but she is a lot better now!

Caz

Guess it depends on the animal, some will get scared and others wont care!!! Depends what they are use to I guess.

Not too bad around my house but will have them indoors for the evening and most evenings either side.

I must admit all my lot Cats and Rabbits included just sit there eating/sleeping as if nothing is happening.

Louise

I am glad not as many little fluffies aren’t as frightened as what I first thought. There has been a Firework display going on right outside our apartment and it makes me jump let along Toby :lol:
Caz - yeah the TV or radio does seem to help if loud enough. Toby is so much more relaxed when with us and the telly is on. My dog Benji back in Grimsby is frightened stiff of fireworks. Maybe rabbits are tougher then dogs :wink:

fireworks (& scared bunnies)

Hi all...well my bunns are terrified (they are bad enough with thunder & I don,t blame them as it scares me as well) but they dash under their hutches & cower when the fireworks start, In my area they have been letting off the horrible things for weeks. If it was up to me i,d ban the lot from shan & the furry people.

Yeah, and have you noticed that the fireworks have become louder over the past couple of years? New Improved?

They should be banned, We've had them going off for the last two weeks :x

Luckily though none of my buns not even the three youngest are bothered by them

My lot dont take a blind bit of notice dont know why though as i know a lot of you have problems. I do agree though that fireworks should not be sold and everone should go to the big displays, theres a very good one near me every year and it dosent cost a penny. Ok its only 20 mins worth but it takes your breath away its so good. val

I've actually notice that there have been fewer and quieter fireworks around here so far. Last year was really bad, but this year has been really peaceful by comparison. We've had a few go off every night for the past week or two, but no where near as bad as it has been. I know a few shops have stopped selling them, one of the women at work was very cross about it and I have to admit I did get into a bit of an argument with her. She got quite huffy with me. :lol:

Of course, the 5th has yet to come. :?

My girls aren't too happy tonight :( My oldest Pip is OK, made herself a cosy dark bed. Youngest Amy is v jumpy but calmed down when I went out there. Princess my foster bunny is the worst, very jumpy and wasn't keen when I left her! But she has a nice dark box to hide in.
Given them all toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay and treats in too to keep them busy.

How is everybody elses bun coping?

Nicola x

We had a party with all the kids my mum cares for. Because its kids though we just have the pretty sparkly rather than loud noisey fireworks. Alfie wasn't at all bothered.

There were a couple of noisey ones around elsewhere though but altogether quite quiet.

I think it being on a friday helps. When it falls mid week you have them going of the weekend before and after as well as on the actual night.

Tam

Bugzee was sitting in the dining-room bay window (her usual nosey at the street goings on spot!) watching all the fireworks :!:

She even went outside to watch some! Half the time she didn`t know where to look to get the best of them :lol:

Shadow wasn`t too fussed but was happy enough to wonder outside also.

bronie

I don’t ever remember they’re being as many Fireworks as there was last night. :shock:

Neighbours on both sides of us where doing displays and many other people on the estate.

You needed a tin hat just to cross the courtyard! It’s littered with Fireworks this morning.

We stayed in all night to keep the animals company All of them where fine apart from Suie who got a little frightened at some BIG rockets that where being let off.

She ended up in bed with us last night sleeping on my other half’s pillow! :lol:

Louise

I think round here at least the new regulations have had some effect. The pub down the round had a display, and while they were still loud, they were nowhere near as loud as they were last year. Plus, they all stopped fairly early. Maybe shops have been more careful who they sell to this year, as I haven't been walking home past the usual gangs of school children letting off rockets in the afternoon. None of my bunnies seemed to care at all, but it was my birthday last month and I got Donkey Konga as a present, so they have had to learn to cope with my bongoing.

I'm sure some people will have saved up their's for tonight, but I think the worst is over now at least.

I do get some funny looks at work when I tell them I've been playing with my bongos. :D But on the plus side, all that banging away (wey hey) has really hardened the buns against loud noises outside.

Back