• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"rescues" beeder beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Banned
I think that the recently banned toics explain so much.
o
I am really sad to have to pst this :) I just thought that this was someting better - sadly not.

I'm sad I have to post this too, I thought we had already made our views and rules clear.

When your in my house (or forum) you have to abide by my house rules. You don't have to like them but you do have to follow them.

I asked you to start a new discussion. You didn't.
I asked you do discuss the topic in a sensible way without attacking others. You didn't.
I asked you to take up any issues with my decisions by pm. You didn't.

These are simple rules to help keep the forum a pleasent place for members to be.

I don't have a problem with the topic you want to discuss I have a problem with the way it was discussed. Personal attacks, yelling matches don't achieve anything and I'm not going to let them go on just because they are under the heading of a potentially interesting topic.

I hope that clarifies things. I suggest sleeping on it before you make any more posts on this issue.

Tamsin and Adele

Forums are very hard to run and to keep nice just think about that if all the member where like you we would get no where.I find your posts very hard on some members and you do seem to bully them you have to be right all the time well you are male :lol: Calm down and stop fighting with people if you dont people will start to leave this froum and start their own i have seen this happen again and again and that helps no one.

I could very easily take apart each one of those repies.

But is Your List as you mentioned. I disagree with everything that you have said.. However I do bow out and go my own way without creating a scene! LOL
I could very easily take apart each one of those repies.

But is Your List as you mentioned. I disagree with everything that you have said.. However I do bow out and go my own way without creating a scene! LOL

You have effectively allowed the Tufy Club to win so easily. I can only influence things by debate. I don’t choose any other action.

Your comments and your actions come firmly down on one side and have in fact stifled a debate that should have been had a long time ago.

As you say – you list so you control what goes into it.

Do you get a “gold star” for long term Tuftey club membership?

You have allowed the tufy Club to wn so easily and to allow so many others to lose out by your desisions and edits.

Bob I am not a Member Of Tufty , and if I were, it is irrelevant to this situation. It is your behaviour towards us and other RABBITS UNITED members we are saying is unacceptable.

This Forum has a different set up to some other Forums in that it does not state Members have to have a certain belief, but this not mean this is an open page and you can be rude to people.
I will not tolerate your being disrespectful to my Colleague Tamsin who works extremely hard for rabbit welfare and to keep this Forum running as smoothly as possible. Nor to other Forum Members who each have their own views but are working hard to unite to help rabbits in so many ways.

We are open to people with all views and perspectives here on RU, but you are evidently biased against certain people for their beliefs.
This is a NEUTRAL Forum open to all, and does not support one thing or another.
You either abide by the Charter as it was intended or go elsewhere, your choice entirely.

is it because i am tired or are other people confused?, whats the tufty fund got to do with anything? also am i seeing things or are all posts repeated?.

I Just had to answer thiss/1

Adele said:
Bob I am not a Member Of Tufty , and even if I were, it is irrelevant to this situation. It is your behaviour towards us and other RABBITS UNITED members we are saying is unacceptable. .

Do you mean by disagreeing with them? Or by raising an issue which you are uncomfortble with?

Adele said:
This Forum has a different set up to some other Forums in that it does not state Members have to have a certain belief, but this not mean this is an open page and you can be rude to people.
I will not tolerate your being disrespectful to my Colleague Tamsin who works extremely hard for rabbit welfare and to keep this Forum running as smoothly as possible. Nor to other Forum Members who each have their own views but are working hard to unite to help rabbits in so many ways..

She stopped me from posting on two issues which she was clearly not happ with. They were not rude nor personal but were very relevent to rabbits and specifically to rescues. Both these debates were cut off by Tams.

I leave others to make thier judgment as clearly I was making a point that many here did not want to hear! or to be made public.

"We are open to people with all views and perspectives here on RU, but you are evidently biased against Tufty Members.
This is a NEUTRAL Forum open to all, and does not support one thing or another."

When it suits us.... Otherwise we just lock subjects......

KATHY said:
is it because i am tired or are other people confused?, whats the tufty fund got to do with anything? also am i seeing things or are all posts repeated?.

I hope that they are double posts as I have not even started on the wine yet!

The first topic was locked because it wasn't the right place/topic. It was only locked after you refused to take the debate to the correct place as requested. As someone who demands people "address the topic" you can hardly complain when I ask the same thing. The transport topic was a request for transport help not a debate on the right or wrongs of breeders and rescues.

The second topic was locked because the posts had turned into a "don't" "do to" "don't" not a debate. In my opinion posts like this are not a debate and serve no useful purpose. They just start fights. If in two pages people can't hold an "intelegent debate" then I see no benefit to let it run on further.

The daft thing is a lot of the time I agree with your points and you still manage to end up disagreeing with me.

Tam

Tamsin said:
The first topic was locked because it wasn't the right place/topic. It was only locked after you refused to take the debate to the correct place as requested. As someone who demands people "address the topic" you can hardly complain when I ask the same thing. The transport topic was a request for transport help not a debate on the right or wrongs of breeders and rescues.

The second topic was locked because the posts had turned into a "don't" "do to" "don't" not a debate. In my opinion posts like this are not a debate and serve no useful purpose. They just start fights. If in two pages people can't hold an "intelegent debate" then I see no benefit to let it run on further.

The daft thing is a lot of the time I agree with your points and you still manage to end up disagreeing with me.

Tam

LOL I don't end up disagreing with anyone! I just get narked when people cannot cope with an intellgent debate and then "lock" people out.

The solution is easy if you are in your position. "lock them out or ban them"

I thought that this site was all about intelligent discussion across a broad cross section of feelings and ideas with a view to furthering the welfare of the rabbit.?

I now that my comments are not always welcomed, or even right, but I do deserve to get them heard AND to stand my corner against those whose views differ!.

Your cencure of debate was a mistake. We all do it. Mistakes happen

If you really want this site to mean something then you are going to have to really stand up for what you believe in and that must allow apposing views.

If I have said something thatt is wrong then at least have the courtessy to let me know what I have said and perhaps to reply? That is not unreasonable is it? Then at least you will be able to highlite to the world what I have done wrong and at worst make me feel an absolute (Richard head and have to apolgise to the whole world

At the moment I actually think that it is you that needs to eat some humble pie here.

So in your opinion I locked the topic in the middle of an intelligent debate on rescues/breeders?

Cos to me it looked like I locked it in the middle of an arguement over your posts and whether people could hold an intelligent debate or not. Which judging by the arguement... they can't.

Considering the way the topic rapidly declined from anything resembling a debate currently people aren't able to hold an intelligent debate on the matter. We tried it but it just turned into a fight not a debate. I'm not going to leave people fighting just for the sake of it.

As I said its not the subject that it was locked because of, its the fighting rather than debating that went on in it.

Tam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back