PDA

View Full Version : "rescues" beeder beware

Bob
31-10-2004, 02:08 PM
I think that the recently banned toics explain so much.
o
I am really sad to have to pst this :-) I just thought that this was someting better - sadly not.

Tamsin
31-10-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm sad I have to post this too, I thought we had already made our views and rules clear.

When your in my house (or forum) you have to abide by my house rules. You don't have to like them but you do have to follow them.

I asked you to start a new discussion. You didn't.
I asked you do discuss the topic in a sensible way without attacking others. You didn't.
I asked you to take up any issues with my decisions by pm. You didn't.

These are simple rules to help keep the forum a pleasent place for members to be.

I don't have a problem with the topic you want to discuss I have a problem with the way it was discussed. Personal attacks, yelling matches don't achieve anything and I'm not going to let them go on just because they are under the heading of a potentially interesting topic.

I hope that clarifies things. I suggest sleeping on it before you make any more posts on this issue.

Tamsin and Adele

Joanne
31-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Forums are very hard to run and to keep nice just think about that if all the member where like you we would get no where.I find your posts very hard on some members and you do seem to bully them you have to be right all the time well you are male :lol: Calm down and stop fighting with people if you dont people will start to leave this froum and start their own i have seen this happen again and again and that helps no one.

Bob
31-10-2004, 03:03 PM
I could very easily take apart each one of those repies.

But is Your List as you mentioned. I disagree with everything that you have said.. However I do bow out and go my own way without creating a scene! LOL
I could very easily take apart each one of those repies.

But is Your List as you mentioned. I disagree with everything that you have said.. However I do bow out and go my own way without creating a scene! LOL

You have effectively allowed the Tufy Club to win so easily. I can only influence things by debate. I don’t choose any other action.

Your comments and your actions come firmly down on one side and have in fact stifled a debate that should have been had a long time ago.

As you say – you list so you control what goes into it.

Do you get a “gold star” for long term Tuftey club membership?

You have allowed the tufy Club to wn so easily and to allow so many others to lose out by your desisions and edits.

Mubby
31-10-2004, 03:08 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :shock:

Adele
31-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Bob I am not a Member Of Tufty , and if I were, it is irrelevant to this situation. It is your behaviour towards us and other RABBITS UNITED members we are saying is unacceptable.

This Forum has a different set up to some other Forums in that it does not state Members have to have a certain belief, but this not mean this is an open page and you can be rude to people.
I will not tolerate your being disrespectful to my Colleague Tamsin who works extremely hard for rabbit welfare and to keep this Forum running as smoothly as possible. Nor to other Forum Members who each have their own views but are working hard to unite to help rabbits in so many ways.

We are open to people with all views and perspectives here on RU, but you are evidently biased against certain people for their beliefs.
This is a NEUTRAL Forum open to all, and does not support one thing or another.
You either abide by the Charter as it was intended or go elsewhere, your choice entirely.

KATHY
31-10-2004, 03:11 PM
is it because i am tired or are other people confused?, whats the tufty fund got to do with anything? also am i seeing things or are all posts repeated?.

Bob
31-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Bob I am not a Member Of Tufty , and even if I were, it is irrelevant to this situation. It is your behaviour towards us and other RABBITS UNITED members we are saying is unacceptable. .

Do you mean by disagreeing with them? Or by raising an issue which you are uncomfortble with?

This Forum has a different set up to some other Forums in that it does not state Members have to have a certain belief, but this not mean this is an open page and you can be rude to people.
I will not tolerate your being disrespectful to my Colleague Tamsin who works extremely hard for rabbit welfare and to keep this Forum running as smoothly as possible. Nor to other Forum Members who each have their own views but are working hard to unite to help rabbits in so many ways..

She stopped me from posting on two issues which she was clearly not happ with. They were not rude nor personal but were very relevent to rabbits and specifically to rescues. Both these debates were cut off by Tams.

I leave others to make thier judgment as clearly I was making a point that many here did not want to hear! or to be made public.

"We are open to people with all views and perspectives here on RU, but you are evidently biased against Tufty Members.
This is a NEUTRAL Forum open to all, and does not support one thing or another."

When it suits us.... Otherwise we just lock subjects......

Bob
31-10-2004, 04:09 PM
is it because i am tired or are other people confused?, whats the tufty fund got to do with anything? also am i seeing things or are all posts repeated?.

I hope that they are double posts as I have not even started on the wine yet!

Tamsin
31-10-2004, 04:24 PM
The first topic was locked because it wasn't the right place/topic. It was only locked after you refused to take the debate to the correct place as requested. As someone who demands people "address the topic" you can hardly complain when I ask the same thing. The transport topic was a request for transport help not a debate on the right or wrongs of breeders and rescues.

The second topic was locked because the posts had turned into a "don't" "do to" "don't" not a debate. In my opinion posts like this (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=15530#15530) are not a debate and serve no useful purpose. They just start fights. If in two pages people can't hold an "intelegent debate" then I see no benefit to let it run on further.

The daft thing is a lot of the time I agree with your points and you still manage to end up disagreeing with me.

Tam

Bob
31-10-2004, 04:56 PM
The first topic was locked because it wasn't the right place/topic. It was only locked after you refused to take the debate to the correct place as requested. As someone who demands people "address the topic" you can hardly complain when I ask the same thing. The transport topic was a request for transport help not a debate on the right or wrongs of breeders and rescues.

The second topic was locked because the posts had turned into a "don't" "do to" "don't" not a debate. In my opinion posts like this (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=15530#15530) are not a debate and serve no useful purpose. They just start fights. If in two pages people can't hold an "intelegent debate" then I see no benefit to let it run on further.

The daft thing is a lot of the time I agree with your points and you still manage to end up disagreeing with me.

Tam

LOL I don't end up disagreing with anyone! I just get narked when people cannot cope with an intellgent debate and then "lock" people out.

The solution is easy if you are in your position. "lock them out or ban them"

I thought that this site was all about intelligent discussion across a broad cross section of feelings and ideas with a view to furthering the welfare of the rabbit.?

I now that my comments are not always welcomed, or even right, but I do deserve to get them heard AND to stand my corner against those whose views differ!.

Your cencure of debate was a mistake. We all do it. Mistakes happen

If you really want this site to mean something then you are going to have to really stand up for what you believe in and that must allow apposing views.

If I have said something thatt is wrong then at least have the courtessy to let me know what I have said and perhaps to reply? That is not unreasonable is it? Then at least you will be able to highlite to the world what I have done wrong and at worst make me feel an absolute (Richard head and have to apolgise to the whole world

At the moment I actually think that it is you that needs to eat some humble pie here.

Mubby
31-10-2004, 05:10 PM
:shock: RIGHT STOPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Bob
31-10-2004, 05:13 PM

Mubsy has spoken - the voice of the bun. I will try to be stum now

Tamsin
31-10-2004, 05:13 PM
So in your opinion I locked the topic in the middle of an intelligent debate on rescues/breeders?

Cos to me it looked like I locked it in the middle of an arguement over your posts and whether people could hold an intelligent debate or not. Which judging by the arguement... they can't.

Considering the way the topic rapidly declined from anything resembling a debate currently people aren't able to hold an intelligent debate on the matter. We tried it but it just turned into a fight not a debate. I'm not going to leave people fighting just for the sake of it.

As I said its not the subject that it was locked because of, its the fighting rather than debating that went on in it.

Tam

Mubby
31-10-2004, 05:17 PM

Jeez if I knew that would have worked id have said it hours ago!! :?

:lol:

Bob
31-10-2004, 05:20 PM
[quote="Tamsin"]So in your opinion I locked the topic in the middle of an intelligent debate on rescues/breeders?

That is niether what I said nor meant.

Mubby
31-10-2004, 05:23 PM
[quote=Tamsin]So in your opinion I locked the topic in the middle of an intelligent debate on rescues/breeders?

That is niether what I said nor meant.

*coughs* ahem :roll:

Bob
31-10-2004, 05:24 PM

Jeez if I knew that would have worked id have said it hours ago!! :?

:lol:

ROFL

Tamsin
31-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Ok, oh wise Mubby one. We'll leave it here :lol:

Tam

Mubby
31-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Ok, oh wise Mubby one. We'll leave it here :lol:

Tam

:wink:

* I know witches in high places !! one more peep and your all lizards!!! :twisted: *

Bob
31-10-2004, 06:10 PM
You silly sausage!

(:)

Mubby
31-10-2004, 06:11 PM
You silly sausage!

(:)

oi it worked didnt it! :lol:

bluebunny
31-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Ok so what do you have against people who are members on the tufty forum? who are these people you keep refuring too?????

bunnytales
31-10-2004, 07:09 PM
:( Blimey! - There must definately be a full moon tonight!! - I half read through all these posts on various threads and thought "Forget it" - "Leave them to it" - I think I've well and truely lost the plot regarding what the heck is going on here!!

Personally I just don't feel morally you can put everything in a black and white category.

My heart says that if rabbits need help - a judgement is made by rescues/rehoming/sanctuaries - and if I as a Forum member can offer my help thats brilliant - I'm not that interested in what the history of the bunnies are - but how we can make a difference to their future :!: :!: :!:

There seems so much wasted energy on these threads in being soooo
judgemental of others!! - Its not a perfect world and most good and decent folks on here are just doing what they can to help.

If you take the debate back to its grass routes which was the argument that a rescue/rehoming run was taking place for the Wolverhampton Bunnies simiilar to the the 10 x French Lops - So whats the problem!! - Folks on here are quite capable of making their own minds up as to wether its something they wish to participate in or not -

And yes - you could say that the 10 x French Lop Rescue was a similar senario in terms of the bunnies situation but hey just look what came out of it:-

3 x Bunnies rehomed to Doorkeeper in Redditch
1 x Bunny remained with me in Bromsgrove
2 x Bunnies went to a knowledgeable rescue in Rugby
2 x Bunnies to knowledgeable RSPCA Foster home
The moving of these bunnies made space for other bunnies in distress

I just cannot believe it would have been better to do nothing.

I can only speak for myself but I also feel hurt when Bob implies that folks almost need a stage for gratification for what they do!! - this is simply not the case -

I've done two bunny runs now and the feeling I get as I drive down the road is not one of "when can I post what I'm doing on the Forum" - I get a real buzz in the pit of my stomach to realise that I'm about to make a small difference to an animal in need. And yes its nice to interact with everyone on the Forum and this gives the encouragement to make the long journeys and put in the time to help in the first place.

This Forum has always seemed to be about Teamwork, Caring and making the difference in what ever way we can.

Lets not loose that folks - please.

Adele
31-10-2004, 07:53 PM
:

This Forum has always seemed to be about Teamwork, Caring and making the difference in what ever way we can.

Lets not loose that folks - please.

Well said Lany, and that is the exact essence of Rabbits United in a nutshell.
Ru is not about making personal attacks on someone else for their individual beliefs, or to score points against one another in arguements. That is about Self, and not about the whole. the whole being the driving force that units us all, our love and compassion for each other and the rabbits (and other creatures) that share our World.

Andi, Boy of Destiny!
31-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Sometimes it's not what's said, but the "tone of voice". It seems to me, Bob, that you have some interesting points to make, but that they're hidden by your extreme aggression. Put it this way; if you posted in this style on my forums, you'd have been banned long ago. Not because of your views, but because of the way you push them and dismiss anyone who disagrees.

luvabun
31-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Would it be worth creating another subheading (like rabbit care, general chat etc.) called "intense debates". we have to realise that there are different intellectual levels and that light hearted and intense do not always mix but there is room for both. So for example, if someone wants to deepen the debate, he/she can take the discussion to this section and debate away without causing offense. Just a thought.

Adele
01-11-2004, 07:38 AM
The Charter has been clearly breached, so this situation is now being discussed privately in Admininstration with the Forum Owners.
Thank you.

Adele and Tamsin

Denny
02-11-2004, 10:21 AM
The Charter has been clearly breached, so this situation is now being discussed privately in Admininstration with the Forum Owners.
Thank you.

Adele and Tamsin

Does this mean that this topic is closed?

Adele
02-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Discussion on this specific thread is closed.
Thank you .
Adele and Tamsin