• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot stuff

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Any bun get really worried about the heat? How are you all keeping cool?

We have air con unit and lots of frozen bottles of water. My house gets so hot as South facing, we have all black out blinds too!

I came home to check on them and maple was asleep in her dog bed so it must cool for them. Does worry me though!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

We have air con unit and lots of frozen bottles of water. My house gets so hot as South facing, we have all black out blinds too!

I came home to check on them and maple was asleep in her dog bed so it must cool for them. Does worry me though!

Yea I'm really worried, where mine are in house is south facing too, pulled blinds down for them this morning.

Last summer I used a fan for Clementine as she was staying in my flat with me which was a nightmare, no insulation freezing in the winter, boiling in the summer - she seemed to really love sitting in front of the fan - but I'm not sure if fans actually cool them down? (not sure but I think I read somewhere they don't?)

If you have air con tho,lucky buns :) surely that will keep them really cool? xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yea I'm really worried, where mine are in house is south facing too, pulled blinds down for them this morning.

Last summer I used a fan for Clementine as she was staying in my flat with me which was a nightmare, no insulation freezing in the winter, boiling in the summer - she seemed to really love sitting in front of the fan - but I'm not sure if fans actually cool them down? (not sure but I think I read somewhere they don't?)

If you have air con tho,lucky buns :) surely that will keep them really cool? xx

It's one of those units on wheels where the pipe goes out the window. I have always wondered if fans work or not? I know they definitely don't for my chinchilla has his fur is so dense. Cool mats look good but can I trust them!?

It's one of those units on wheels where the pipe goes out the window. I have always wondered if fans work or not? I know they definitely don't for my chinchilla has his fur is so dense. Cool mats look good but can I trust them!?

You know what I think it was for chins I read that, I'm thinking of adopting two in the future - convinced that's where I read about it now.

Yea they're meant to be very good, does it keep the room nice and cool?

Idk if the fan worked but Clementine was obsessed with laying in front of it [emoji38] my boyfriend who gets extremely hot and loves fans ended up having to share with her at night and during the day she had both low to the floor so if she wanted to lay in front of them she could, whilst we melted [emoji38][emoji38]

Those cool mats look great, but chewable... I've seen another brand which looks like hard plastic almost like a snuggle safe, but again not sure how safe they are. I'll see if I can find a link :)

Scratch and Newton Ice Pod https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00416I40M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.xj2Ab05WNENE

This is what I saw ^^ I may get one and see how it is

Last edited:

Yes we worry too. Our lounge is double aspect, but the front is South facinv. So we always keep the curtains closed on that side.

Im at home today, so all the windows and back door are open. It's currently cooler inside than outside and the buns seem quite happy snoozing away.

I do use a frozen bottle in the summer though, however I've never seen Archie or Pip go anywhere near it. Lol.

I could do with one though. ;-)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It feels quite cool inside our house (thick walls) . Besides which I'm not worrying about the bunnies as they are all lying in a hairy heap, I assume if they were too warm they would disengage from cuddles.

You know what I think it was for chins I read that, I'm thinking of adopting two in the future - convinced that's where I read about it now.

Yea they're meant to be very good, does it keep the room nice and cool?

Idk if the fan worked but Clementine was obsessed with laying in front of it [emoji38] my boyfriend who gets extremely hot and loves fans ended up having to share with her at night and during the day she had both low to the floor so if she wanted to lay in front of them she could, whilst we melted [emoji38][emoji38]

Those cool mats look great, but chewable... I've seen another brand which looks like hard plastic almost like a snuggle safe, but again not sure how safe they are. I'll see if I can find a link :)

Scratch and Newton Ice Pod https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00416I...ot sure I've seen them getting used at all! x

Hmmmm I might give them a try as well.

I’ve got large left over bathroom tiles for mine to lie on - they don’t always go on them when I think they should but they do use them.

I got ice pods too. I do like them. But i don't think they stay frozen as long as my big bottles of volvic! Maple has been lying against two bottles of volvic so must of been hot yesterday. I wet there ears too if I feel they are too hot.

Back