• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could I bond 2 does to a single buck?

I'm going to get my boy booked in to be neutered, from what I've read in here it can take up to 6 weeks until he's infertile? I've been looking at my local shelter and there's a few bonded does available and no singletons but I'd be up for taking 2 if I could make a 3 if that makes sense. So how hard would it be to introduce a male into 2 already bonded females? I have my eye on 2 red eyed white female lop sisters.

Well you could try...essentially its up to the rabbits. Waiting for a single doe would be easier. It would be good to leave your boy for 6 weeks or so before bonding regardless of whether they've been spayed (though obviously super important if they haven't) as his hormones take a while to subside which might make him humpy / pestery when he meets his missus. Is your bunny a lop? A well respected member on here recently spoke of it being easier to bond bunnies of the same ear type (uppy or lop) as they can better read body language. Makes sense to me though I'd not considered it before

I think 2 sisters could bond with a boy as long as all 3 are neutered. I had 2 sisters entire years ago and they accepted Benny and both loved him equally. He had lost his Wifebun and was so upset so the 2 sisters saved his life really.

I wouldn't feel comfortable trying without all 3 being neutered. I've bonded an existing pair of does to a buck before (none related, though!) In fact, adding Erasmus to River and Athena saved their bond. The girls had both lost their boys from a quad, and got a little chasier than I liked. Now, they are thick as thieves.

I hope so as it’s what I’m hoping to do later this summer! Definitely go with all of them neutered first though as the others have said. Good luck!

Back