• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A leap of faith...

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Following on from the rapidly accelerating events with Lillian and Henry over the weekend, today was a huge leap of faith. Yesterday, the buns continued with their acceptance of each other. They had a bit of a lick-fest on the patio in the evening-well, I say they, but it's more like Lillian shoving her head flat on the ground in front of Henry and him obliging with bun-licks. Lillian scampered off up the garden, having a little bink en-route and Henry decided the living room was not as scary as the garden.
They spent the night in separate accommodation again but I decided today to let them have free roam of the kitchen/diner whilst we were at work all day. I wasn't sure what I was letting myself in for but since neither were showing aggression or hostility, I figured they would have to get used to being together.
I spent all day nibbling my finger nails to the bone and retuned home to find all was well. Lillian had made herself comfy in Henry's accommodation and helped herself to his food-cause she does like food. There seemed to be no fighting, no evidence of fur flying and so far, they seem to be comfortable with each other now. I have to say, this has been a very long and patient bonding attempt and I am hoping that we are at the point where they are comfortable together. I'm going to let them spend the night together-it seems the right thing to do and it would not seem right to separate them now because I feel that would cause more anxiety than anything else. Lillian is still quite nervous and I think that's a historical thing with her and her past-like us, scars run deep I guess. Henry is more confident which isn't a bad thing. I feel a sense of right about getting to this stage and just hope it continues and once I get my pc fixed, I'll send some pictures of them.
I'll update at the end of the week. And thank you for following the thread.

Craig you are a very brave man! I would be having kittens all day worrying!I'm so glad it's going well though :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the follow and vibes. Things still going reasonably well. There's been no fighting or hostility between them that I have seen. No evidence when I'm not there. Lillian is outside now at the top of the garden sunbathing and doing some rabbit gardening which involves nipping the flowers off things, eating grass (which I let grow long on one end of the garden) and chewing anything she doesn't agree with on the garden. Interestingly she has chisen to sit where my other bunnies liked to sit. Henry is inside as the garden scares him! He's found a cool shady spot in the living room. In the evening, Lillian comes in and demands a head lick from Henry who obliges but she doesn't reciprocate back- odd. Then they sploof out next to each other before we tell them it's bed time and off they go to their bed/indoor cages in the kitchen/diner. Lillian scoffs and poor Henry doesn't get a look in but he must get some food. So all seems to be going well-they're just not husbun and bun wife yet. Slow steps with these two.

Thank you all for the follow and vibes. Things still going reasonably well. There's been no fighting or hostility between them that I have seen. No evidence when I'm not there. Lillian is outside now at the top of the garden sunbathing and doing some rabbit gardening which involves nipping the flowers off things, eating grass (which I let grow long on one end of the garden) and chewing anything she doesn't agree with on the garden. Interestingly she has chisen to sit where my other bunnies liked to sit. Henry is inside as the garden scares him! He's found a cool shady spot in the living room. In the evening, Lillian comes in and demands a head lick from Henry who obliges but she doesn't reciprocate back- odd. Then they sploof out next to each other before we tell them it's bed time and off they go to their bed/indoor cages in the kitchen/diner. Lillian scoffs and poor Henry doesn't get a look in but he must get some food. So all seems to be going well-they're just not husbun and bun wife yet. Slow steps with these two.

What a wonderful update :love:

Sorry to have missed your first post. I love the way these two are getting to know one another :)

Back