• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weeing outside litter tray

Alicia

Mama Doe
Angus has always been good with using his litter tray. He had a normal cat litter tray originally but sometimes he sat in it and weed over the edge, so I bought him a hooded litter tray but took the lid off as I was worried he couldn’t use the flap. It worked well as one side was much higher and he seemed to stop weeing over the edge but he’s done it twice this evening. I’ve just had to scrub his crate and put his bed in the wash which I don’t want to do at 2am Angus! Apart from this he’s very good, does anyone have any advice?

Angus has always been good with using his litter tray. He had a normal cat litter tray originally but sometimes he sat in it and weed over the edge, so I bought him a hooded litter tray but took the lid off as I was worried he couldn’t use the flap. It worked well as one side was much higher and he seemed to stop weeing over the edge but he’s done it twice this evening. I’ve just had to scrub his crate and put his bed in the wash which I don’t want to do at 2am Angus! Apart from this he’s very good, does anyone have any advice?

Try using a plastic dog bed, the ones with a solid base eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-...asket-Large-Comfortable-4-Sizes-/361665979343

Put newspaper under it so any 'mishaps' that may still occur go on to that :)

Back