• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The ongoing story of Lillian and Henry...

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
I know some of you have been following the exploits of Lillian and Henry who are thus far, unbonded. Henry is still presently on panacur so we've held back on trying to bond them. It's been 4 months give or take and both buns have been kept close in indoor hutches and we've had fun playing sliding door games keeping them apart as they didn't really 'hit it off'.
Today we had to take out son back to York uni so it was a long old day for the buns indoors but apart. We got back at tea time and opened the patio door for Lillian who took the opportunity to roar outside in the evening sunshine. Henry on the other hand, is more of a house bun and he zoomed into the living room. After about an hour, just as we're having tea, Lillian decides to come and sit on the patio not far from our kitchen doors. Very chilled and content. Henry decided to go and investigate and as he initiated the interest, we decided to let him go and say hello. The patio isn't neutral ground but Henry loved to zoom tound the patio and goldfish pond (it's raised so he's not going to fall in). Lillian watched on from her position.
Then, both buns had a stare off for several minutes so I figured it was time to get the big gloves-just in case.
Henry doesn't like the garden - he seems nervous of grass!!
Lillian decided to make the first move and her body language was encouraging. Ears flat to the side and she sniffed Henry's bum (don't know where she was brought up!) and Henry's body language was equally as relaxed.
He sniffed Lillian and they sort of played a bit without any aggression. Then Lillian hopped over to Henry and put her head iron-flat on the ground by Henry. Henry, not wanting to miss the chance, thought "right, I'll have me a piece of that" and promptly proceeded to lick Lillian's head and face.
I dropped my plate of food in sheer shock at what I was witnessing.
This went on for about 30 seconds or so then Lillian thought "I've had enough" and wondered off-obviously playing hard to get!
The two of them had a game of follow each other- with no aggression or fighting and the odd sniff of the tail.
When it was time to come in, the two of them came in to the living room. Lillian decided she was exhausted and went for the flat out legs stretched pose, six inches from Henry who sat st 90 degrees not bothered by Lillian's presence. No arguing, no squabbling, just two rabbits seemingly comfortable in each other's company.
I looked at my tea all over the floor and thought "well, that's encouraging" and decided I'd better clean up my tea!
I'll update everyone tomorrow when we'll see how they get on after a night in their own cages. But I feel this is a vet encouraging sign and hopefully we are one big step nearer a bonded pair of very deserving bunnies.

I'd be so happy if I where you. It sounds so positive! Paws crossed for an easy bond Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

This does sound very positive [emoji3] Lots of vibes that they carry on in the same vein.

I mentioned on another thread that my doe also likes to stick her nose up her husbun's bottom. She obviously went to the same finishing school as Lillian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some of you have been following the exploits of Lillian and Henry who are thus far, unbonded. Henry is still presently on panacur so we've held back on trying to bond them. It's been 4 months give or take and both buns have been kept close in indoor hutches and we've had fun playing sliding door games keeping them apart as they didn't really 'hit it off'.
Today we had to take out son back to York uni so it was a long old day for the buns indoors but apart. We got back at tea time and opened the patio door for Lillian who took the opportunity to roar outside in the evening sunshine. Henry on the other hand, is more of a house bun and he zoomed into the living room. After about an hour, just as we're having tea, Lillian decides to come and sit on the patio not far from our kitchen doors. Very chilled and content. Henry decided to go and investigate and as he initiated the interest, we decided to let him go and say hello. The patio isn't neutral ground but Henry loved to zoom tound the patio and goldfish pond (it's raised so he's not going to fall in). Lillian watched on from her position.
Then, both buns had a stare off for several minutes so I figured it was time to get the big gloves-just in case.
Henry doesn't like the garden - he seems nervous of grass!!
Lillian decided to make the first move and her body language was encouraging. Ears flat to the side and she sniffed Henry's bum (don't know where she was brought up!) and Henry's body language was equally as relaxed.
He sniffed Lillian and they sort of played a bit without any aggression. Then Lillian hopped over to Henry and put her head iron-flat on the ground by Henry. Henry, not wanting to miss the chance, thought "right, I'll have me a piece of that" and promptly proceeded to lick Lillian's head and face.
I dropped my plate of food in sheer shock at what I was witnessing.
This went on for about 30 seconds or so then Lillian thought "I've had enough" and wondered off-obviously playing hard to get!
The two of them had a game of follow each other- with no aggression or fighting and the odd sniff of the tail.
When it was time to come in, the two of them came in to the living room. Lillian decided she was exhausted and went for the flat out legs stretched pose, six inches from Henry who sat st 90 degrees not bothered by Lillian's presence. No arguing, no squabbling, just two rabbits seemingly comfortable in each other's company.
I looked at my tea all over the floor and thought "well, that's encouraging" and decided I'd better clean up my tea!
I'll update everyone tomorrow when we'll see how they get on after a night in their own cages. But I feel this is a vet encouraging sign and hopefully we are one big step nearer a bonded pair of very deserving bunnies.

What a lovely update :love:

I hope you managed to clear up your tea, and got some food in the end :D

Yeah! Sounds like it just played out how it was meant to be. Sometimes we humans just over think it!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Back