• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Couple Of Questions

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
Is Honeysuckle poisonous to rabbits?

Can they eat Parsnip peelings?

What about Cauliflower leaves?

Does anyone know of a breeder or rescue that has a couple of blue eyed whites?

Thanx Gem x

P.S Sue, if you're about, I can't access the chat room, so I won't be in tonight!

Gem said:
Does anyone know of a breeder or rescue that has a couple of blue eyed whites?

Any particular breed? I possibly know of a trio of female lionheads (mum & two 18 week old daughters) they are white and at least one has blue eyes. They are in Avon.

RSPCA Worcester have some babies in which are white with blue eyes (some have grey markings). The were born mid september so should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Tam

I wouldn't mind one like Marie's William, he was gorgeous but at the moment I'm just scouting around to see whats available.

I think William was a hustlander, as far as I know they aren't to common.

I don't have a piccy of the RSPCA babies but this is their mum & dad (also available)

rabbit_1526.jpg

rabbit_1539.jpg

Dad has blue eyes. Both parents are exceptionally friendly :D

I can give you contact details for either if you want to find out more or is it more browsing atm? ;)

Tam

It definately is just browsing atm b'cos I'm working on getting all my 11 neutered and bonded to free up some space.

Dad (I'm guessing, the second pic) is stunning! I'm falling for him already :?

Actually could I have the contact details for the one in the bottom pic please?

hi,
im not sure about honeysuckel but i dont think it does them any good
i feed mine parsip peeling, some like it some dont,
Cauliflower leaves r fine i give loads to mine any they go mad for it even the tiny babies eat it touch wood never had a problem with it
pure bew r hard to come bye but ill keep an eye out for u
hustlanders r a rare variaty so it would be hard to find unless u contact the brc and find some breedes near u
becky

Gem said:
I wouldn't mind one like Marie's William, he was gorgeous but at the moment I'm just scouting around to see whats available.

Hi gem william was a rare breed hulstlander,afraid if you wanted one of these you would have to go to a breeder,but they are the most loving affectionate bunny ive ever met,they do funny things aswell!

on this pic you can see how blue his eyes were,i still miss him
101640d1fa63ebbaaaaaa77908dfd180.JPG

Thanx Tam for his details, Thanx Becky for answering my questions and thanx Marie for letting me know what breed William was. He truly was a beautiful bunny

There's only three of the babies in Worcester left. All mostly white with blue eyes. Just for reference I wouldn't want to be accussed of encouraging you or anything :D

Tam

Hi Gem! *waves*

Well if you don't find exactly what you want in rescue, don't forget the Solent Champs show at the Mountbatten Centre, 2 weeks away (14th Nov). You can meet the lovely Jaya there! :D

Kerri still has a spare "gingerbugger"... and you actually have a Hulstlander breeder living fairly nearby, in Church Crookham.

Sadly, I'm fresh out of baby Floyds... LOL... I know you wouldn't have said no to one :lol:

Pendragon said:
Sadly, I'm fresh out of baby Floyds... LOL... I know you wouldn't have said no to one :lol:

I don't think anyone would have said no to a baby Floyd!!! :lol:

Tam

Hi gem just found this ad on the internet didnt know wether your interested? the thriantas are a lovely breed too.

Hustlander x Thrianta Kits 5 Kits for sale - Orange/Brown in colour (Blue eyed white carriers) These kits were the result of a mistake made by the previous owner but have developed into really nice pet quality rabbits. Ready for rehoming 6/11/04 £10.00 each

£10.00

Birmingham

hi bluebunny
do they have blue eyes cause when people say BEW carriers this can mean they carry it in the genes so if the cross breed was to have a litter it could produce rabbits with blue eyes
becky

Rexy bexy said:
hi bluebunny
do they have blue eyes cause when people say BEW carriers this can mean they carry it in the genes so if the cross breed was to have a litter it could produce rabbits with blue eyes
becky
I have no idea i just saw the ad and posted it here!

hi,
oh ok them
i love the Thrianta's too there a reddy colour and another rare variaty. My friend breeds these i love them
becky

Yes i nearly had a thrinata i went to look at a litter at 4 weeks they were so sweet but i got miffy instead!

Back