• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stalky hay recommendations please

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know of any brands of hay that are available online that are currently really hard and stalky? We use TimothyHay.Co.Uk but the new batch is much softer (I know its not their fault, we are at the mercy of the weather for how the hay turns out!)

I have the added complication that Lola is a 'tummy bun' She has to have the most basic diet and even meadow hay gives her a bad tummy. She has started having a bad stomach again since eating from this new bag of Timothy, today particularly sticky :( which is also not a good mix with the fur underneath her being like candy floss (she's a lionhead). Shes been 'off' for a little while too, usually the case when she's building up to a bad tum and she's acting much more normal now it's passing through.

Has anyone ordered from anywhere recently that they could recommend? I can't really get farm bales from local farms, so online is my best option.

It's a shame she's not good with meadow hay as deans meadow hay is stalky.

Sorry I don't have any recommendations for you. I hope her tummy improves soon x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of any brands of hay that are available online that are currently really hard and stalky? We use TimothyHay.Co.Uk but the new batch is much softer (I know its not their fault, we are at the mercy of the weather for how the hay turns out!)

I have the added complication that Lola is a 'tummy bun' She has to have the most basic diet and even meadow hay gives her a bad tummy. She has started having a bad stomach again since eating from this new bag of Timothy, today particularly sticky :( which is also not a good mix with the fur underneath her being like candy floss (she's a lionhead). Shes been 'off' for a little while too, usually the case when she's building up to a bad tum and she's acting much more normal now it's passing through.

Has anyone ordered from anywhere recently that they could recommend? I can't really get farm bales from local farms, so online is my best option.

The green oat hay from timothy hay.co.uk?

It's a shame she's not good with meadow hay as deans meadow hay is stalky.

Sorry I don't have any recommendations for you. I hope her tummy improves soon x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you dp. I'm going to have to give her a haircut underneath this weekend. Sometimes she goes round and round in circles looking for her ceacals as they've stuck to her fur. I might try that hay for Cookie though :D

The green oat hay from timothy hay.co.uk?

Thanks MM. I forgot they do that! She's had problems with green oat before aswell, although I've not tried theirs. I gave her the small bags of Timothy from Science selective and she gobbled it up like I'd thrown a handful of fenugreek crunchies in her pen (she can't have those either now!) and I thought I was on to a winner but now she's not enthusiastic for it in the slightest!

Back