• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

cheeky ain,t so good

gina paul

Mama Doe
Had to rush cheeky to the vets last night . I got in from work and his breathing was very noisy and he was very down in the dumps . The vet gave him a shot and this morning he has perked up . With him having snuffles I was panicking that it had gone into his chest but the vet was happy that he should go back home as his chest was clear and his teeth were also fine . The vet did say that cheeky will have good days and bad days , I actually thought I was going to loose him last night tho . He,s running about like mad today but he,s getting kept a very close eye on . The vet didn,t even charge me , I can,t believe that . Within 20 mins of phoning I had him up there and he was seen instantly . I,ve got great vets ........ to see him so quick and not even charge me a penny . I suppose they know that i,ve paid a fortune for cheeky,s care over the years and that his care is ongoing so they let me off with it last night .

Hi mubby , yeah he,s really perked up . I can,t wait to get a photo of him on here as he really is a handsome boy . I,ll give him big hugs from you and mubby . He slept beside me last night and I got woken up at 6am with him licking my face , aaawww . He,s a very tough bunny tho and the vet said that he,s got years left in him . yay ! Maybe I just panicked ( nothing new there but I can,t help it as he is my baby . I think you are on the same wavelength as me there .

cheeky is back to his usual cheeky self . He is running about the house at the moment , up and down the stairs and up and down on the furniture . he,s turned into a super dynamic bunny overnight . :lol:

gina paul said:
cheeky is back to his usual cheeky self . He is running about the house at the moment , up and down the stairs and up and down on the furniture . he,s turned into a super dynamic bunny overnight . :lol:

:D oh good!! :D

( must be the Mubby pills i sent him :wink: )

Mubby said:
gina paul said:

:D oh good!! :D

( must be the Mubby pills i sent him :wink: )

Gotta give me the recipe for those pills then - I could do with a little pick me up ;)

Glad Cheeky is feeling better!

Caz

Caz said:
Gotta give me the recipe for those pills then - I could do with a little pick me up ;)

Caz

OK you take one Fluffy Bunny...

Pick up and Cuddle for 3 hours .... lol

Lots of nose rubbing and stroking... SORTED :D

I still havent worked out how to bottle it :roll:

( Ps Caz the love the Pic of your Bunny and your bloke !! best of pals ! so cute!!! :lol: )

Hmm if only I could get Zeus to stay still for 3 hour cuddles!

Brendan (my husband) actually bought me my first rabbit (our poor short-lived Fudge) as a congrats on finishing my finals present - our first joint "pet" - Fudge soon took over the house and we realised that rabbits are much more than just pets!

Brendan also chose Zeus as well (he likes giant rabbits).

The pic was v. cute until we both realised that poor Zeus being away from his litterbox for a couple of hours had relieved himself on our duvet - try explaining that stain to a bemused drycleaners - a what?? :shock: peed on your bed??!! How did it get in the house??

Caz

Back