• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Musings: What is it with rabbits & their perfectly synchronised washing habits?

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Its wash time in our warren (aka our lounge). Joey is sat near me, Boo & Mouse at opposite ends under the table. All of a sudden they are up & having a good old personal grooming session & they clean the exact same areas, for the same length of time, adopting the same strange weird & wonderful poses.

So this is the rule & not the exception, I've long noticed all my rabbits do it. I'm amazed they synchronise so well.

I would like to know who tells the rabbits its bath time & who teaches them the order. Do all rabbits wash their shoulders before their back legs for instance?

We've been noticing this too!

I have however noticed that Daphne is always seconds earlier to start than Phoebe

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We've been noticing this too!

I have however noticed that Daphne is always seconds earlier to start than Phoebe

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Cool. I wonder if top bun gets a notion they all getting stinky & commands a thorough cleanin sesh :lol:

As I type Boo awoke & started washing, Mouse sat up looking really sleepy for a few moments but has now joined in. Joey has not.

Lets watch our bunnies closely DP & see what more we can find out

Mine regularly have synchronised ceacatroph eating. I walk by Lola doing it, into Cookies room and she is aswell :lol:

I think outdoor ones are different: they do it opposite to each other, so one can 'watch' while the other one's having a wash. Except the 'watching' usually involved trying to get groomed or sleeping :lol:

Back