• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Q About P@H Adoption

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
If a Rabbit is obtained via the Adoption Section of P@H is there any contract signed that means the Adopter cannot take the Rabbit home and then advertise him/her on the Freeads a few days later(.............. for well over £100, I might add.....) ??

As above. It says in the contract that if you are unable to continue to provide a home for the rabbit and have to rehome them that you must return them to Support Adoption.

I've seen adverts where they talk about having a neutering/vaccination voucher so it's obvious where the rabbits have come from .. less than 6 months ago!

I worked for Springer Rescue, even though the paperwork says must come back to source ie P@H it can not be enforced in law - makes me very sad

I 'might' have seen that one JJ :( (although I'm sure there are many others) so wrong. As mentioned above, once the person has left it seems there's little can be done x

We had to sign a contract when we adopted through them.

The contract is enforceable, but that would cost money and I can't imagine P@H really care all that much?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The rabbit ought to be chipped and traceable back to P@H - so it might be worth bringing it to their attention.

They may not pay much attention to an individual case, but they may be forced to act if more incidences are brought to the attention of HO (and possibly the branch that rehomed the bunny). It's a common clause in adoption paperwork - and one I suspect is frequently flouted. P@H have more to lose in terms of bad publicity if they continually ignore this. If you have a screenshot of the Freead and other information (ie why you think / know it was a P@H bunny), that will help the case and they could follow through if they wanted / needed to.

The homecheck for one of our dog rescues includes making sure that the adoptee is fully aware that the adoption fee is a donation to the organisation to enable it to continue its work - and is not for the purchase of the animal, which remains the property of the rescue (the chip stays in the rescue's name as primary contact). It's written in capitals and red ink on the homechecker's notes.

Could you also report it to the RWAF Capone campaign? I know that’s more about BYBs and reporting them to local authorities and HMRC but they might be interested if people are breaching adoption contracts and advertising online?

I’ve thought about volunteering to monitor the internet ads for the RWAF as wanting to do something to help these poor bunnies but can’t keep adopting them :(

Just an update to this thread ...

First, thanks to the RU member who alerted me to this. :)
I have managed to sort this out with the relevant people and the rabbit is no longer being advertised.

Back