• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Urban Wildies are Back !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
At a Stables near me there was always a large colony of wild Rabbits. But then RHD2 struck and the colony was wiped out :cry: I had not seen a single Wildie for well over a year .........until this morning !! :D I saw two ickle baby wildies chomping on grass in the pouring rain. They both looked to be really healthy. I so hope that this is a sign that a colony will soon be re-established and the Urban Widies will be back for good :love:

Taking Boo to Harrogate & back (a few times) I've seen loads Jane, more than ever before. One field had in excess of 30. Its really good news & I hope it bodes well

Aww I hope they are making a comeback ❤️

I remember walking through Walthamstow Marsh a few years ago one summer evening and there were so many wildies running around it was like one big writhing blanket of bunnies! Sadly I've never seen them since [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ex used to take me out for drives across Salisbury plain at dusk so that I could squeal and shout "bunnies" in an excited and high pitched voice when I saw them out nibbling at the roadside. Not sure which of us was the maddest....

I’ve seen several bunnies in areas I didn’t see any at all last year (rural north Leicestershire), I really hope they are making a comeback from the nightmare of VHD. I love watching them and have a newish long lens for my camera, I’d love to try and get some photos this spring :love:

Back