• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone ever owned an angora bun?

Graciee

Staff member
Just curious :)

Do you clip their coats? Or just brush them?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I haven't, but TheThreeBs has one and I think she clips her. Also when I was recently at a rescue, they were in the middle of clipping one of their angora rabbits.

I haven't, but TheThreeBs has one and I think she clips her. Also when I was recently at a rescue, they were in the middle of clipping one of their angora rabbits.
Awh they're so sweet looking.

Yes I thought people may clip them because some online are huge fluffs and some look clipped :)

Look like a lot of work to upkeep [emoji38]

Awh they're so sweet looking.

Yes I thought people may clip them because some online are huge fluffs and some look clipped :)

Look like a lot of work to upkeep [emoji38]

They sure do !! They need thorough grooming at least twice a day. As do Cashmeres. I have had a Cashie, but not an Angora

They sure do !! They need thorough grooming at least twice a day. As do Cashmeres. I have had a Cashie, but not an Angora
Is a velveteen lop a breed? Or is it an English lop? Are they the same thing? Do they have velvet fur? Like rexes?

Sorry so curious about other breeds [emoji38] x

Is a velveteen lop a breed? Or is it an English lop? Are they the same thing? Do they have velvet fur? Like rexes?

Sorry so curious about other breeds [emoji38] x

The Velveteen Lop is not a recognised breed in the UK, but it is in the USA. Initially it was a cross between a Mini Rex and an English Lop.

There is also the Plush Lop

sk60aAI.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plush_Lop

Yes, our Buffy is an Angora (or at least partly, I'm not sure). Shes so beautiful and definitely my best success story imo :) I'll have to try and figure out how to get some photos up.

Some on here will remember that we got her from Gumtree, she was living in a tiny hutch and her coat was in a terrible state and she had to be dematted at the vets. She now lives in a big shed with a 16ft tunnel to a run and has the company of the lovely Theo.

Her coat is incredible and if allowed to grow she looks huge, but is actually not much bigger than Theo underneath. Despite our best efforts, she does sometimes get matts which I've found come out best with scissors. I find that the clippers just don't seem to go through it very well at all. Generally if it's kept quite short overall, it's better.

We are lucky that she has no problem with being groomed and actually seems to enjoy it :) x

Yes, our Buffy is an Angora (or at least partly, I'm not sure). Shes so beautiful and definitely my best success story imo :) I'll have to try and figure out how to get some photos up.

Some on here will remember that we got her from Gumtree, she was living in a tiny hutch and her coat was in a terrible state and she had to be dematted at the vets. She now lives in a big shed with a 16ft tunnel to a run and has the company of the lovely Theo.

Her coat is incredible and if allowed to grow she looks huge, but is actually not much bigger than Theo underneath. Despite our best efforts, she does sometimes get matts which I've found come out best with scissors. I find that the clippers just don't seem to go through it very well at all. Generally if it's kept quite short overall, it's better.

We are lucky that she has no problem with being groomed and actually seems to enjoy it :) x
Oh wow yes pls post pictures I'd love to see her! :D x

Sorry, I meant to respond to these pics yesterday.

She is a very precious and beautiful rabbit :love: I can remember how she was when you first rescued her. She looks so much better now :love:

Back