• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tummy Calm (Colic Calm)

Woah, you'd have to have a serious tummy ache to pay that!

It cost even more in the Pharmacy I was in today, £16.95 !! :shock: Then a homeopathic nasal spray for sinus problems cost almost £10.00 :shock:

The Pharmacy is open 365 days a year, so I guess they have to hike up their prices.

I hope someone is feeling better after taking it x

I didn't buy it !! I was just curious about the ingredients and so was the Pharmacist !!

The Pharmacy also stocks a load of 'Alternative' remedies and some of them you'd need to take out a second mortgage to afford to buy :shock:

Is this similar to that infacol stuff? :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Not really,

Ingredients in Infacol :

Simethicone
Purified Water.
Hypromellose.
Orange Flavour.
Saccharin Sodium.
Methyl Hydroxybenzoate (E218
Propyl Hydroxybenzoate (E216
)

Ingredients in 'Tummy Calm' :

Chamomilla 3X
Lycopodium 3X
Nux Moschata (Nutmeg) 3X
Passiflora (Passion Flower) 3X
Raphanus Sativus (Radish) 3X
Sarsaparilla 3X
Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) 3X
Carbo Vegetabilis (Medicinal Vegetable Charcoal) H.U.S.P 1X

So no Saccharin or 'E' numbers x

Not really,

Ingredients in Infacol :

Simethicone
Purified Water.
Hypromellose.
Orange Flavour.
Saccharin Sodium.
Methyl Hydroxybenzoate (E218
Propyl Hydroxybenzoate (E216
)

Ingredients in 'Tummy Calm' :

Chamomilla 3X
Lycopodium 3X
Nux Moschata (Nutmeg) 3X
Passiflora (Passion Flower) 3X
Raphanus Sativus (Radish) 3X
Sarsaparilla 3X
Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) 3X
Carbo Vegetabilis (Medicinal Vegetable Charcoal) H.U.S.P 1X

So no Saccharine or 'E' numbers x
Ah so it's like the more natural alternative, got ya, wonder if it's as effective :)

Ah so it's like the more natural alternative, got ya, wonder if it's as effective :)

No idea ! I use Gripe Water

Ingredients :

Terpeneless Dill Seed Oil
Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate

and the pesky 'E' numbers

E215- (sodium ethyl p-hydroxybenzoate)
E217- (sodium propyl p-hydrobenzoate)
E219- (sodium methyl p- hydrobenzoate)

No idea ! I use Gripe Water

Ingredients :

Terpeneless Dill Seed Oil
Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate

and the pesky 'E' numbers

E215- (sodium ethyl p-hydroxybenzoate)
E217- (sodium propyl p-hydrobenzoate)
E219- (sodium methyl p- hydrobenzoate)
Is it effective?

I'm always too scared to do more damage in situations where that stuff is needed honestly, I did use infacol before and it seemed to help, but vets don't always think it will do anything, and I just don't wanna cause any harm.. Maybe I should just do it.. I always feel like rabbits are so delicate though :(

Is it effective?

I'm always too scared to do more damage in situations where that stuff is needed honestly, I did use infacol before and it seemed to help, but vets don't always think it will do anything, and I just don't wanna cause any harm.. Maybe I should just do it.. I always feel like rabbits are so delicate though :(

I have always used Gripe Water after first consulting with a Vet. I never use it instead of or to try to avoid consulting a Vet first. Whether it actually does any good or not, the jury is always out. Some Vets say it does, some say it doesn't, some say it may not do any good but it wont do any harm.

At least I can afford to buy Gripe Water, I'd need some sort of convincing to pay £14.00-£16.00 for something which may or may not work !!

Is it effective?

I think it's always best to avoid anything you're not sure about, and that includes Infacol :thumb:

I have always used Gripe Water after first consulting with a Vet. I never use it instead of or to try to avoid consulting a Vet first. Whether it actually does any good or not, the jury is always out. Some Vets say it does, some say it doesn't, some say it may not do any good but it wont do any harm.

At least I can afford to buy Gripe Water, I'd need some sort of convincing to pay £14.00-£16.00 for something which may or may not work !!
Oh yea I mean after seeing a vet and with all the usual gut motility and painkillers etc. My vet doesn't seem to think they work though. I obviously have no clue [emoji38]

I think it's always best to avoid anything you're not sure about, and that includes Infacol :thumb:
Yea although I tried infacol on Fleur after her spay and honestly Idk if it was pure chance or what, but within hours she seemed better...

Second time I didnt because William said it wouldn't help..

Wish I could've done more honestly - its that's horrible situation where doing something could cause harm, but also not doing something could also [emoji38]

Normally I can work out what I feel is best, but with these gas meds I never can [emoji38] x

Oh yea I mean after seeing a vet and with all the usual gut motility and painkillers etc. My vet doesn't seem to think they work though. I obviously have no clue [emoji38]

My vet is quite in favour, and certainly if anything helps that's not a heavy drug she says it's a good thing :D

Back