• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

IKEA beds: new bedding idea

Hi all

I recently decided to change the bedding for the bunnies' IKEA bed as the original one it came with has been ripped up a bit by Fudgie.

I didn't want to faff around cutting material to size so I hit upon the idea of getting a couple of cheap pillow cases and I have to say I think it works quite well [emoji3]

777bfb13c96279a25bc218ee8b7e70ef.jpg

I just inserted the top board into two pillow cases to give a better of extra padding. They didn't fit the board exactly so I just folded the excess and tucked them under the handy wooden bits underneath the bed so I didn't have it hanging down underneath.

I've literally just put it on so I'm awaiting the buns' feedback.

Just thought it might be useful for anyone who has that bed for their buns and is looking for a quick and easy way to give them some new bedding for it [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did something similar. Got a pillow case, put a sheet of wadding inside, sewed the edge and a couple of ribbons at the sides. It folds over the board and I just fasten it with the ribbons. Then when it gets dirty I can change it four times before it needs washing [emoji106]

Brilliant idea, thanks. Wondering if I could make something out of a pillowcase using sticky back velcro. I have this bed and I also have a chewer but when fabric is securely fastened down he gives up on it pretty quickly.

I like that. I am just buying a toddler bed for the bunnies, second-hand, but it will look good in one of the sheds.

I cut a piece of vynil flooring for on top of the board, and I alternate between the original bedding or a fleecy cat bed.

Thank you all. Elena, great minds think alike [emoji106]Although I must admit at one point I did think I was the first person in the entire bunny world who'd thought of using pillow cases [emoji38]

Anyhoo, here's Fudgie carrying out the inaugural inspection. I think my efforts have been considered satisfactory.

4bb7c8e5e144567ed14eecc26bb6e7e9.jpg

Omg neeeeed to get some more ikea beds for my rabbit to be.

Guinea pigs (seven of them) love their beds

33pbsb5.jpg

Christmas themed under fleece and top cushions

102p1eg.jpg

2nq7cpx.jpg

Cant wait for summer and lots of lush green grass again

37qky.jpg

Thank you all. Elena, great minds think alike [emoji106]Although I must admit at one point I did think I was the first person in the entire bunny world who'd thought of using pillow cases [emoji38]

Anyhoo, here's Fudgie carrying out the inaugural inspection. I think my efforts have been considered satisfactory.

4bb7c8e5e144567ed14eecc26bb6e7e9.jpg

Hehe! They’re a perfect size, my Mini used to love sleeping on it. It’s also a perfect height for the Manor Pet Housing digging boxes, to use for them to be able to get in.

Tulsi, that is some awesome Ikea advertising there! :lol: I need to go get some storage racks, bookcases and a wok, and OH lkes to come with me so I don't spend too much but if he comes I might not be able to fit all the stuff in the car, or I might have to go with my estate-owning mate, so might be able to sneak one in :twisted:

Pillowcases have so many uses, I'm glad you've found another!

Back