• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Henry bun

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Firstly, my apologies for not posting any comments in relation to various threads over the last few weeks. My laptop was subject to a nasty bit of malware that had wiped out the hard drive and I am in yhe process of having a techy look at it. I've had to learn how to use a smartphone and only just worked out how to use the phone and log in. I have been following all the threads from a view point but haven't been able to post. So to everyone with poorly buns, I have been sending vibes and thoughts and have enjoyed the threads about names etc.
To update you all, little nethie Henry is poorly but not sure what with. I haven't witnessed the episodes but my o/h and son said Henry went sort of vague and distant and it was described as a fit. This understandably worried and concerned me but I had nothing to go on as Henry seemed OK when I was with him. He had an episode yesterday evening before I got home from work so we went straight to the vet for examination. Temperature was fine-38 degrees. Ears beautifully clear and teeth ok but will be prone to Spurs. No sign outwardly of any problem. No droopy face or dribbling. Vet has chosen to treat as e-cunocili which I feel is probably about right. Panacur for the next month. Henry is quieter than normal and eating ok. He's not a big eater (unlike Lillian who is certainly making up for the starvation she had with her former owner), and Henry is having the occasional zoom round the living room. We were trying to move forward with bonding but I'm putting that on hold for the moment until we get Henry through whatever he has. I will keep you all posted on his recovery. Thank you all.

Hi, I was only wondering about you, Lillian and Henry yesterday and hoping that things were going OK.:wave: Yes, I think it's sensible to put the bonding on hold until Henry is 100%. He needs all his focus to assist in his recovery and of course bonding is also stressful.

I'm pleased that Lillian is eating well :love:

Hi, I was only wondering about you, Lillian and Henry yesterday and hoping that things were going OK.:wave: Yes, I think it's sensible to put the bonding on hold until Henry is 100%. He needs all his focus to assist in his recovery and of course bonding is also stressful.

I'm pleased that Lillian is eating well :love:

Thank you omi and thank you for your thoughts. My view was that it would not be fair to put additional risk and stress onto the rabbits to pressure them into bonding. Their emotional wellbeing is paramount in my thoughts and I just felt that if Henry is probably already stressed dealing with whatever he has so he needs his energy and mental resolve to help him get better. Thank you again for your kind thoughts.

Hello Craig, good to see you back again. I'm sorry to read that Henry seems poorly. Personally I think it's so much harder when you don't know exactly what it is you're dealing with. Hopefully the panacur will help him. I also agree that postponing the bonding until he's better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly, my apologies for not posting any comments in relation to various threads over the last few weeks. My laptop was subject to a nasty bit of malware that had wiped out the hard drive and I am in yhe process of having a techy look at it. I've had to learn how to use a smartphone and only just worked out how to use the phone and log in. I have been following all the threads from a view point but haven't been able to post. So to everyone with poorly buns, I have been sending vibes and thoughts and have enjoyed the threads about names etc.
To update you all, little nethie Henry is poorly but not sure what with. I haven't witnessed the episodes but my o/h and son said Henry went sort of vague and distant and it was described as a fit. This understandably worried and concerned me but I had nothing to go on as Henry seemed OK when I was with him. He had an episode yesterday evening before I got home from work so we went straight to the vet for examination. Temperature was fine-38 degrees. Ears beautifully clear and teeth ok but will be prone to Spurs. No sign outwardly of any problem. No droopy face or dribbling. Vet has chosen to treat as e-cunocili which I feel is probably about right. Panacur for the next month. Henry is quieter than normal and eating ok. He's not a big eater (unlike Lillian who is certainly making up for the starvation she had with her former owner), and Henry is having the occasional zoom round the living room. We were trying to move forward with bonding but I'm putting that on hold for the moment until we get Henry through whatever he has. I will keep you all posted on his recovery. Thank you all.

Hi Craig :wave:

I was waiting until I had some time to reply properly to your post, so many apologies for not responding before now.

One of my little Nethies has a seizure. It was awful. He just tipped over, and the fit just happened. He went rigid and I held him in my arms until he came to himself and stopped being so frightened.

My vet had never seen a rabbit who had had a fit before, and to be honest she didn't know what to do. He didn't stop there and continued to have fits for a while. I had to figure out what I would do if/when it happened again.

If I can help at all, please get back to me and I will. At least I can support you, as I know what it's like.

Hi Craig :wave:

I was waiting until I had some time to reply properly to your post, so many apologies for not responding before now.

One of my little Nethies has a seizure. It was awful. He just tipped over, and the fit just happened. He went rigid and I held him in my arms until he came to himself and stopped being so frightened.

My vet had never seen a rabbit who had had a fit before, and to be honest she didn't know what to do. He didn't stop there and continued to have fits for a while. I had to figure out what I would do if/when it happened again.

If I can help at all, please get back to me and I will. At least I can support you, as I know what it's like.

Thank you MM. I really appreciate your support and everyone else's. Tbh, I've absolutely no idea what it is I'm dealing with. I've not seen any evidence of what Henry has other than what my o/h and son described. So I'm dealing with something I don't know. Outwardly Henry presents as fine. Temperature good, poops normal an no evidence of slime or anything. He is urinating and drinking. He's eating his food, pellets and hay and ceacothrophs. This morning he was zooming round the living room full belt. Nothing wrong with his eyesight given the speed he was belting round. Not so keen to go outside but I don't blame him. Lillian on the other hand spent all day outside on the lawn, in the garage and just enjoying the life she so badly needed-and she's loving it. She's still very nervous and wary of us - just another barrier that will take along time to break down. Henry enjoyed chilling in the living room and last night spent half an hour having a cuddle and he felt so trusting he decided to lick my face for ages. No sign of any seizures and I'm just baffled. But I feel going to the vet was the right thing to do even if our stating point is panacur. I'd rather start at that point than something more sinister and was assured panacur will work if given early enough on the wee beasties that are called parasites. I will post updates and I will ask for help if things aren't improving. But so far, what I've got is a nethie on speed zooming round the living room. Thank you all for your kind and helpful comments.

Thank you MM. I really appreciate your support and everyone else's. Tbh, I've absolutely no idea what it is I'm dealing with. I've not seen any evidence of what Henry has other than what my o/h and son described. So I'm dealing with something I don't know. Outwardly Henry presents as fine. Temperature good, poops normal an no evidence of slime or anything. He is urinating and drinking. He's eating his food, pellets and hay and ceacothrophs. This morning he was zooming round the living room full belt. Nothing wrong with his eyesight given the speed he was belting round. Not so keen to go outside but I don't blame him. Lillian on the other hand spent all day outside on the lawn, in the garage and just enjoying the life she so badly needed-and she's loving it. She's still very nervous and wary of us - just another barrier that will take along time to break down. Henry enjoyed chilling in the living room and last night spent half an hour having a cuddle and he felt so trusting he decided to lick my face for ages. No sign of any seizures and I'm just baffled. But I feel going to the vet was the right thing to do even if our stating point is panacur. I'd rather start at that point than something more sinister and was assured panacur will work if given early enough on the wee beasties that are called parasites. I will post updates and I will ask for help if things aren't improving. But so far, what I've got is a nethie on speed zooming round the living room. Thank you all for your kind and helpful comments.

A Nethie zooming around at speed - that's what I like to hear :love:

It's a really good idea to begin the Panacur. As you say, where to start with something like this?

It may be that he never has another episode. That could be quite on the cards - just a one off and that's that.

It's really weird - I'm glad all seems well at the moment, and that the lovely Lillian is enjoying life as well :)

(How lovely he licked you on the face! :love:)

Hi Craig no experience but I can offer lots of vibes and support for you and Henry. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back