• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay and straw delivery issues

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
I'm so frustrated. I ordered some hay from hay and straw, their ings hay. I'm running low on hay with only one black bin bag left, and I realise that I cut it short but I didn't have enough money before.

it was supposed to come yesterday, it never did. apparently they tried at 7:40am, despite the fact that I was up and was at the front door calling for mr cat at that time.

I call APC, and they argue with me that I obviously wasn't in. I guess they delivered it to the wrong house as sat nav doesn't show the correct street. we are on street B (a cul de sac) but we show as being on street A. despite telling them I guess the driver didn't care to look at his notes or even ring. they promised me it would be delivered today.

so I've spent my entire day waiting for the delivery. not that its been nice weather for going out so I probably wouldn't have, its still a wasted day almost. I call the delivery people yet again, and it wasn't even put out for delivery today! they'll be delivering it on tuesday! they told me I can go and collect it tonight, but I paid for delivery, not for me to drive to them. along with that we don't have the car right now so its not like I can.

both times I've called they've been very rude to me, despite the fact I've been polite to them, although I did express that it wasn't okay for them to act like this. it doesn't really help my social and calling anxiety to be treated like an animal.

I'm more than upset :( I don't want to have to call this stupid company again.

I've had so many issues getting deliveries from them. probably 8/10 they've delivered it to the wrong house, most of the time on another street (there are 5 leading off of the "main" road). thankfully the people have been kind enough to call my mobile as the contact details are on the hay bag, so I can come and pick it up.

even so, I'm not really in a state to be carrying a 9.5 kilo bag of hay for a couple of streets! (although one man did offer to carry it back for me to our house, which was very kind of him :love:)

I'm just hoping the hay will last until Tuesday supposed delivery :( Luna is very upset that she doesn't have her ings hay! (perhaps I should set her on them? she can be very vicious)

Grrr! Contact Hay & Straw and tell them your problems with APC: they won't want to risk losing customers because of poor delivery service and will think that everything is hunky-dory unless people tell them otherwise.
Hope you manage until it arrives.
I can't remember whether they have an extra box for 'special delivery instructions' - so you can give directions.

What Babsie said :)

APC are always great for us, but then it's a different branch and different staff.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have told them, I told them yesterday and told me how they treated me today. they were very apologetic but its not their fault. she told me they would have an ear full from them.

I'll just have to try and hold on till then, but I'm not sure if I'll make it. I'm not even hopeful that it will turn up on tuesday :?

If it happens again maybe try www.timothyhay.co.uk instead. A little more pricey but the delivery is much quicker (usually within 48-72 hours or ordering) and I’ve never had any problems with their delivery company. It’s lovely hay.

Everytime I order from APC it goes a little like this:
- I stay home all day for the delivery
- Halfway through the day I get an email saying that delivery has been attempted at ?? time and I wasn't in (they've never even knocked)
- Most of the time they don't even leave a card so they probably didn't even come near my house
- I rearrange delivery again and stay home
- Again no one knocks or leaves a card, but hay is usually dumped in the garden somewhere for me to find later

I'm just going to buy hay from B&M from now on, they have two different types, both are actually really good quality and it works out cheaper per kg

still no hay..............was supposed to be delivered yesterday.

I spent half an hour checking every street it could have been misdelivered too, nothing. sigh.

@nessar Luna has never liked timothy hay, and also it is a bit too pricey for me. I don't particularly like having to pay the amount I did for the ings hay but, they love it so I might as well treat them. I did buy a £5 bale from a farmer, but they're a bit bored of it and 2017's stock was terrible quality.

@Demi, so far I haven't even found it misdelivered yet! we've always had issues which is why I stopped buying their hay. its a shame as its always been good quality and customer service. I've had no card left and every time I have been in so clearly either they're not bothering to knock, or they're going to the wrong house despite giving them instructions even a baby could follow :roll: if my 1 year old nephew can find the house, so can they!

I have no B&M nearby, and I'm fussy as I like to buy in bulk. I buy in bulk, store outside and bring in what I need. I just don't trust these packets of hay from brand companies because who knows how long its been sat there, and mine never like it. they seem to prefer the fresher stuff so to speak.

Back