• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you clean accidents up with?

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
I am trying to litter train little Miss dribble bum. But she poos cow pats and wees everywhere. Not even in logical corners like Wilson did so you could put litter trays there. I keep wipping up the mess and putting the paper in the litter tray but I think I am lossing out here cos she can still smell wee about. What can I use to clean up that is very unperfumed I am allergic to loads of stuff you see. I read somewhere that biological washing powder works? Or will something like vinegar work for that?

I used to use baby wet ones un-scented and white vinegar. white vinegar also gets rid of smells. both are good on carpet and lino. baby wet ones are also good for cleaning suede shoes,coats etc and generally getting stains out :D :lol:

Hi there,
Biological washing powder does work! Even on floorboards, I have used it recently to clean up after one very unintelligent puppy-dog he's now a year old! It worked well for cleaning up and getting rid of the smell for him. I used it recently to clean up the floor before laying some new lino for my lot and it did clean up quite well with the bunny pee, again took out smells it can also be used for carpets. What to clean lino with Im not sure.

Angela

Hi There,

1. You should put lino down on your wooden floor hutch. MUCH easier to clean.

2. I use Pampers Sensitive wipes for poos. (and hair, and half chewed carrots, and getting poop off feet, and mud off noses etc.) :lol:

3. I use Pet odour and stain remover from P@H for pee with a dry paper towel to soak it up.

for accidents in the house (which are very rare) i use Stainaway and then something called Odour Eliminator, they are supposed ot be safe for animals. I get them from the vet, i think they are made by Petcare or Animalcare.

I've been using something called "Totalcare" which is a biological stain and odour remover in one. I bought this from my vets when one of my cats had an accident on the carpet :shock:

I have the shaws biological remover and though I think it has no smell it gives me myhouse a headache ;-(

I know I need to lino the hutch, one of those jobs that is now going to be a summer job so I need something in the mean time.

On lino will wiping up work or do I need to do more?

AmberUK said:
I have the shaws biological remover and though I think it has no smell it gives me myhouse a headache ;-(

I know I need to lino the hutch, one of those jobs that is now going to be a summer job so I need something in the mean time.

On lino will wiping up work or do I need to do more?

I just spray Hutch Clean on the lino, leave it a bit and wipe it off. i also use a paint scrapper for those "stubborn poos".

I bought the 6 packs of B&Q Value lino tiles and did my hutches out with those. Cheap, looks nice, easy to clean and even better easy to cut with kitchen scissors. Also no messy glue. They have a "peel n stick" back.

Atm even going to B&Q seems an effort ;-( My backs just all screwed ;-( (god knows why not had problems for years)

Anyhow I have had to put her back onto her food she came in on cos shes just poos everywhere (but only at night and just after I have moved her into the hutch or down from the hutch - shes still not worked out how to get down from the hutch) The last few days both of them have only been on hay/straw and rabbit food. The only other thing if its not this is it could be Timothy hay cos I know she didn't have that.

the poos really stink - I mean people stink its weird. (nothing in them ie worms)

Have you tried cutting back on the rabbit food? It's helped my buns in the past when they've had sticky bums, made mine eat more hay.

Sorry to hear your not feeling great, I have back problems, can just flare up with no warning, some yoga helps!

I have been trying to get back into the yoga for ages. I have these weird ear pressure problem the docs were s*d all help with and then I realised it was back stress but for a few months now I have been as stiff as a board :( Its not helping my body clocks all ******ed and I keep getting up way to close to noon and am all achey and I get up to see bunnie poo and just wonder what I am doing wrong.

They are on less food than they should be - should be 140-166g and I am giving them less than 120g. They are only on that, hay, straw and the food all else is cut back. The only thing I can think it is now is Timothy hay (I know the guy I got her from hates the stuff) or its the 1/4 mix of burgess I am putting in to get her to be eating the same thing as him.

I am taking both of those out today.

Roll on Spring I say!

Back