• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for litter

loobers25

Warren Veteran
I need to find a cheap hay that I can use for the litter trays. I'm using my nice hays and its costing me alot of money. I went searching in the shops for a cheap hay but they all had wildey bum nuggets in! I just need something soft for them

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

If you can store them, try looking for bales at an equestrian supplies store. Bales are about £5-£6 and will fit in a standard 240 litre wheely bin

I agree the cheapest hay you will get will be from an equestrian centre or possibly a farm shop. I've found that once you add up the cost of the smaller bags that you get in places like supermarkets or The Range, it doesn't work out any cheaper than buying hay in bulk online from places like https://www.timothyhay.co.uk/

It must be costing you a fortune. Mine have baled hay on the bottom (which tops their megazorb, also from equestrian shop & really cheap) then their fancy hay on top & in the rack. I use an empty timothyhay.co.uk sack to keep it in, it lives under the stairs

Of course I always forget equestrian shops...durp! I will have a look around Thanks xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back