• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need help: trying to get my newly adopted bun to pee at the right spot

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
my newly adopted bun is Fudgie

So far, I use towels soaked with Fudgie's urine, and put those towels at the right spot.

Then I use his "Not Yet bonded" girlfriend's urine soaked towels at that same spot

Now, I bring Fudgie to that right spot and hoping he'll pee on that spot. So far, he's not doing it.

He's peeing at the corner of the dining room so I have to put towels at the corner for now.

what else can I do?

Have you tried cleaning the area he has decided is his toilet with something to neutralise the smell - such as vinegar mixed 50/50 with water?

Usually I just end up using an extra tray in the area they have decided is also a toilet, but it’s not always practical :lol:

that area is a corner of my dining room, which is all carpet. There is nothing to clean

If you can’t soak up the wee out of the carpet and clean it afterwards, then neutralise it, then I’m afraid that area will be scented as a toilet and used as one, unfortunately.

The other option is to admit defeat and put another litter tray there.

I agree with Zoobec. You cannot force rabbits to wee in a certain spot. The best way although I've never done this is to confine the rabbit with a litter tray in the hopes he learns and gets in the habit of using it, then allowing him more space. He is fairly new to his surroundingsso it does take time for rabbits to use litter trays, unless he was using one before. Also,as there is carpet down this will encourage bunnies to wee on it as it is soft - could you put a piece of lino in that corner and see if this deters him?

Back