• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fire - stressed rabbit

Alicia

Mama Doe
Just had a small accidental fire in the kitchen (the result of my boyfriend leaving me to make dinner :oops: ) I quickly shoved the pan in the sink with water but Angus was in the kitchen and it seems to have really stressed him out. I’ve taken him into another room and opened the windows in the kitchen to let it air out but he keeps stamping his feet. Is there anything I can do to help him feel less stressed? Poor bunny :(

Awh I'm sorry you had to deal with that!
I hope you weren't hurt at all.

I don't believe there is very much that you can do to help, just have him away from the room and maybe see if you can get him to munch on some hay or veg. Just leave him to settle - once the smell goes in sure he'll stop stomping x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Aww poor guy :( If you have a portable fan you can set it in front of an open door or window to suck the air out faster.

Not sure what else you could do but if he continues being stressed while it's still smoky smelling you could take him outside for a few minutes in a carrier or something. I know alot of people also use pet remedy for reducing stress.

It’s all cleared now and he’s eating. I feel really bad he looked so scared :( he seems a bit calmer I’ll keep a close eye on him

Aww poor thing, when my boys freak out I just give them some food and carry on as normal to show them there's nothing to be afraid of, seems to work

Oh no, I’m glad you are ok, hope he settles down soon. Some of his favourite food should help.

Back