• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone know what the breed is of my bunny?

smokeys owner

Warren Scout
me and my friend think shes a mini lop but shes got very broad shoulders like a netherland dwarf, I just want a second opinion anyway. anyway heres a bigger pic.

smokey1.gif

She looks like a Mini to me... if she weighs under 4lbs [1.6kg] then that's what she is!

Mini Lops are meant to have very broad shoulders. The creator of the breed, a man named Adrian de **** from the Netherlands, hoped to breed a true miniature French Lop the size of a Netherland Dwarf but found that they didn't work out if they were as small as a Nethie... hence the 3.4-4lb size. They are called Holland Lops in America.

Her colour, if you weren't sure, is Marten Sable. Hope this helps :D

Pendragon said:
....The creator of the breed, a man named Adrian de **** from the Netherlands, hoped to breed a true miniature French Lop....

Oh this is funny!
I can't type the real genuine name of the Mini Lop's breed creator because it happens to be something on the censor!

I will type it here slightly mis-spelled: Coch... should have a K at the end. If that doesn't work, then it's a male chicken....LOL. Good job this isn't a poultry forum or we'd have a lot of trouble sexing our chickens!!

:lol:

she looks like a cross between a mini lop and a silver fox . My last bun (rip babes) was a silverlop and had exactly the same colouring . He was a total honey . I still miss him . :(

Rexy bexy said:
defo look like a mini lop to me and a nice one she is
becky

I thought so too, Becky... lovely wide body & chest, nice width of crown which you need or the ears don't lop properly!

You should be proud of her! Is she a rescue?

thanks everyone! I guess she must be a mini lop then

Pendragon said:
Rexy bexy said:
defo look like a mini lop to me and a nice one she is
becky

I thought so too, Becky... lovely wide body & chest, nice width of crown which you need or the ears don't lop properly!

You should be proud of her! Is she a rescue?

Yep, I am proud of her! and no, she is'nt a rescue rabbit, do you think she's good enough to show?

hi,
she might og been a good show rabbit but dont know that much about them but she would need a ring on and u have to ring mini lops at about 6 weeks
becky

Back