• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those who use timothyhay.co.uk....

Casco

Mama Doe
What do you do with the bags when the hay is finished?! They seem too good to throw away so I’ve kept all mine to do something useful with. Trouble is I haven’t found anything useful yet :lol:

I'm struggling with how to use them too. The first couple I used for evicting heavy building material on a skip run, I use an empty one when I go to the farm shop for a standard bale (it is a huge source of entertainment watching my OH & a worker wrestle it in ) but other than that I'm stuck. I was thinking of getting some humongous stashes of dried forage to store in there but it'd have to be really dry.

We have a stash of these. I can only think of one that's in use though and that's as a store for the acorns that we collected from the garden and are using to throw under the hedges for the wild rodents.

We have a stash of these. I can only think of one that's in use though and that's as a store for the acorns that we collected from the garden and are using to throw under the hedges for the wild rodents.

Are those the acorns that Mr Hoppety used to eat?

Yes, he used to eat some of them :( We've always put lots under the hedges for rodents as well though. There were always too many even for Mr Hoppity.

I'm struggling with how to use them too. The first couple I used for evicting heavy building material on a skip run, I use an empty one when I go to the farm shop for a standard bale (it is a huge source of entertainment watching my OH & a worker wrestle it in ) but other than that I'm stuck. I was thinking of getting some humongous stashes of dried forage to store in there but it'd have to be really dry.

I personally haven't tried to get a hay bale in there, but I'm told it's very difficult. So although I thought I could store my hay in there in the shed, it's currently in the house :lol:

Glad I’m not the only one who can’t figure out a use for them :lol: I feel I should take my stash with me next time I’m collecting hay and see if they can reuse them! I always open them by removing the string so they are all still intact and very much useable but I wonder if there may be some sort of health & safety regulation to stop them being used by the company again.

We use get rid of them although I have used one to store willow branches.

I don't think there will be anything preventing the company from using them again.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

How often do you guys order? I've already gone through a big bale and a half! In around two weeks! Tobys poops are so golden...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I just buy their oat hay nowadays - about every 6 weeks but I buy alfalfa king hay from P@H & hay bales too.

How often do you guys order? I've already gone through a big bale and a half! In around two weeks! Tobys poops are so golden...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I only use it in their hay rack, and put baled hay in their litter boxes so one bale lasts about 2 months. They get fresh hay in the rack in the morning and a fresh box in the evening (otherwise they keep me up at night eating from the rack!).

I usually just leave old bags in the garage and Dad usually finds a use for them :lol:

We use a £22 bag a month (for two bunnies). This latest bag has given me flare ups of my allergy though when normally I am fine with it so I have been buying extra bags of other brands. Usually I end up binning the white bags when cleaning out with the non recyclable peed on newspapers in, but did think about using them to line inside some wooden planters.

I have cut down the sides of the bag to open it out and have used them as groundsheets for my house bunnies corner in our lounge.

ravenmoore36

Back