• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did your rabbit choose you?

MightyMax

Banned
... or did you choose them?

Blackberry & Co made me think about this one.

Why did you choose a certain rabbit over all the others out there?

My girlfriend bought me Marnie as a surprise,

When I bought her Declan, he looked very scared and timid in pets at home by himself, and when we asked what sex he was the boy working there really wasn’t handleing him well... we fell in love with him instantly and wanted to take him away to a safe home cos he looked so scared and lonely

My girlfriend bought me Marnie as a surprise,

When I bought her Declan, he looked very scared and timid in pets at home by himself, and when we asked what sex he was the boy working there really wasn’t handleing him well... we fell in love with him instantly and wanted to take him away to a safe home cos he looked so scared and lonely

Aww bless. I love the thought of him being whisked to safety :love:

My bridge bun Lottie chose me. Went into my local pet shop for food and did my usual thing of looking at the rabbits with no intention of buying but instead going to Windwhistle Warren for a friend for my single bun Quiet and well that went out the window. She had a couple of cage bars broken so she could stick her nose out enough for strokes which I provided and then didn't mind being held for more attention so I fell in love and had to reserve her.

Ended up going back the next day with Quiet to see if they would get on and long story short (which included my first bonding attempt) they ended up a rather interesting pair. Quiet was the equivalent of a Citroen 2cv and Lottie aka Dottie Lottie was the Formula 1 racing car. Used to laugh at them playing chase as Quiet would just plod along trying his best to keep up and Lottie would just fly around. Their names just so matched their personalities as well.

Snoopy chose me, I saw all of him and his litter mates. Snoopy threw himself onto me, quite literally. he bounded over, sniffed my hand, and then jumped into my arms.

Luna didn't have a choice, she was in a poor condition so I scooped her up and promised to give all the love in the world.

Orion also wasn't a choice, he was the only male rex around I could find. his sisters were lovely though :love: he did adore me and my s/o though, jumping and licking on us so we knew he was the right one!

Atticus I picked he looked kinda sickly (not the best one to pick probably but I was drawn to him [emoji38]) and I only wanted a boy was going to get him neutered then adopt him a friend - honestly never wanted a female bunny they never seemed very nice in the past (this thought no longer exists) but when I went go to go get Atticus I saw Clementine and she was so beautiful and bold and came straight up to me and in an impulse decision I said I'd take her as well - so glad I did because otherwise I don't know if she'd even be alive now - so many vets said to have her put down, but William never did :) she is so strong and fearless :)

Fleur who I just lost, I saw in pets at home, with lots of other bunnies, I always have a look when I'm in there, never feel like I want to buy them though. Thought she was sweet, she really stood out to me and she had the rex fur. Weeks went past and I just kept seeing her when I went into get stuff and slowly all the other bunnies were bought and she was alone - I went over and she stood up and put her paws against the glass in front of me I decided there and then that she was coming home with me :) I'd never normally want to purchase any animal from pets at home - but there was something that said you have to - also my boyfriend kept saying we have to take her home, look she seems to follow you [emoji38]

I tend to end up with animals that pick me - my last dog when I was picking there were three left and the one I ended up taking home stole my flipflop ran off with it and wouldn't give it back [emoji38] I drove home barefoot whilst she chewed the flipflop [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Lopsy was a sort-of rescue, from OH's colleague. When we started looking for a wifebun, there was a lovely lady lop at Notts Nibblers who was lovely, but then a beige/fawn 'normal' lady with a horrid eye abscess was posted up by them and I felt like she might be left behind as the lop with two eyes was probably easier to rehome than the now-one-eyed other one. So we got them to try bonding Lopsy with her and they got on pretty well. That's Aboleth's story :D I dunno if she chose us but I'm glad she did. She adores Lopsy but she definitely keeps him in his place, and Lopsy is pretty smitten because she grooms him, I think he's not got the right brain cells to be properly adoring of her :lol: :love:

My bridge bun Lottie chose me. Went into my local pet shop for food and did my usual thing of looking at the rabbits with no intention of buying but instead going to Windwhistle Warren for a friend for my single bun Quiet and well that went out the window. She had a couple of cage bars broken so she could stick her nose out enough for strokes which I provided and then didn't mind being held for more attention so I fell in love and had to reserve her.

Ended up going back the next day with Quiet to see if they would get on and long story short (which included my first bonding attempt) they ended up a rather interesting pair. Quiet was the equivalent of a Citroen 2cv and Lottie aka Dottie Lottie was the Formula 1 racing car. Used to laugh at them playing chase as Quiet would just plod along trying his best to keep up and Lottie would just fly around. Their names just so matched their personalities as well.

Just love your descriptions :lol:

Yes, falling in love is fatal, isn't it? Well, with rabbits I mean - of course :oops:

Just love your descriptions :lol:

Yes, falling in love is fatal, isn't it? Well, with rabbits I mean - of course :oops:

Wish I'd taken a video of them doing it now as it was just so funny to watch especially with a single storey hutch involved that they could jump on. Miss having them around; Lottie was guaranteed to find some kind of mischief (part rex so not surprising) and Quiet was just plain dependable and taught me about deliberately training a rabbit to do basic things like litter trays and paw holding for claw clipping.

As for love, that's how I ended up with 4 rabbits after just taking 2 in for boarding at Windwhistle Warren. I've lost Quinn from the original pair but am planning on trying again to get Harley bonded with the "newer" pair Sylvester and Logan this year if my new accommodation ideas go from planning to reality.

Wish I'd taken a video of them doing it now as it was just so funny to watch especially with a single storey hutch involved that they could jump on. Miss having them around; Lottie was guaranteed to find some kind of mischief (part rex so not surprising) and Quiet was just plain dependable and taught me about deliberately training a rabbit to do basic things like litter trays and paw holding for claw clipping.

As for love, that's how I ended up with 4 rabbits after just taking 2 in for boarding at Windwhistle Warren. I've lost Quinn from the original pair but am planning on trying again to get Harley bonded with the "newer" pair Sylvester and Logan this year if my new accommodation ideas go from planning to reality.

Aren't they little heart-stealers?

I love your names HoR. Always difficult to find a new (and original) name.

Good luck with your bonding efforts :wave:

Snoopy chose me, I saw all of him and his litter mates. Snoopy threw himself onto me, quite literally. he bounded over, sniffed my hand, and then jumped into my arms.

Luna didn't have a choice, she was in a poor condition so I scooped her up and promised to give all the love in the world.

Orion also wasn't a choice, he was the only male rex around I could find. his sisters were lovely though :love: he did adore me and my s/o though, jumping and licking on us so we knew he was the right one!

Jumped into your arms - can't get more romantic than that :love:

Athena absolutely chose me. She was a P@H adoption area rabbit and whenever we were near, she started showing off.

Elphie (and Galinda) were the first 2 does I picked up from a litter of 3 blue does. I felt bad leaving #3 behind.

River and Morning were also P@H adoptions. They had been surrendered for 'digging' and 'jumping a 3ft fence'. Then for half a year, they were passed from store to store til I turned up. :(

Morpheus was chosen from 3 photos of Honeybunnies. I chose him because I missed my magpie harli lionhead, Nessarose. I HAD fallen in love with a baby, Journey. But she turned out to be a she. I was tempted to adopt her, one of her brothers (Beach) to bond with Persephone, but it would have been too long to wait really.

Erasmus Chipper, I knew I had to adopt when both Apollo and Takumi died. River and Athena were at risk of bond breaking, but he settled them down. I didn't even know what other Honeybunny bucks were available. He was being rehomed as an aggressive bunny for an experienced home. So the moment I knew I needed a boy, I knew it was him I needed.

Helios and Selene I wanted after losing mini rex Lelantos. They were the parents of a supposed 'oops' litter. H had already been neutered though. Both were more interesting and prettier than their kits too.

Persephone fell on my lap. Advertised as a white rabbit 'need gone'. Had been abandoned in a flat in a hamster cage.

Arce (and Iris) were my last P@H adoptions. I got a chance to hold them 2 days before they were ready to leave, and both melted in ny arms. I had to go back.

Yuki, I was given the option between him and Niji from photos. I chose Niji. :lol: On the way up there, I heard from Jill that his neuter and recovery had gone horrendously wrong and he nearly died. And Arce was really beginning to pine for company, so was then offered a choice between Yuki and another rabbit. The other rabbit had somebody else interested him, and although I was given first refusal, I preferred Yuki Doodlebug anyhow.

And Niji, of course, I'd already fallen for (even from 1 photo) and cared deeply about. On the journey to collect Yuki, I said "we'll have both." We collected Niji just over a month later.

Atticus I picked he looked kinda sickly (not the best one to pick probably but I was drawn to him [emoji38]) and I only wanted a boy was going to get him neutered then adopt him a friend - honestly never wanted a female bunny they never seemed very nice in the past (this thought no longer exists) but when I went go to go get Atticus I saw Clementine and she was so beautiful and bold and came straight up to me and in an impulse decision I said I'd take her as well - so glad I did because otherwise I don't know if she'd even be alive now - so many vets said to have her put down, but William never did :) she is so strong and fearless :)

Fleur who I just lost, I saw in pets at home, with lots of other bunnies, I always have a look when I'm in there, never feel like I want to buy them though. Thought she was sweet, she really stood out to me and she had the rex fur. Weeks went past and I just kept seeing her when I went into get stuff and slowly all the other bunnies were bought and she was alone - I went over and she stood up and put her paws against the glass in front of me I decided there and then that she was coming home with me :) I'd never normally want to purchase any animal from pets at home - but there was something that said you have to - also my boyfriend kept saying we have to take her home, look she seems to follow you [emoji38]

I tend to end up with animals that pick me - my last dog when I was picking there were three left and the one I ended up taking home stole my flipflop ran off with it and wouldn't give it back [emoji38] I drove home barefoot whilst she chewed the flipflop [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I love your description of Clementine as 'strong and fearless' :)

I think there are some rabbits that have needs, know it, and go all out to get those needs satisfied. I guess that's also part of how they choose us, as they know (somehow?) that we will benefit them.

Not all rabbits are like this. It seems some rabbits are more 'aware' than others. Or is that just my wishful thinking?

Of my last four:
Matthew was so unutterably beautiful he had to be mine.
Tabitha, his sister, would have been left alone if I hadn't taken her, and might have been placed in free ads.
Daughter chose Charles and Cecile. They were very lovingly raised and very beautiful.

After looking after my friend's bun Bramble for a week and both of us falling in love and heartbroken when we had to give him back!

I convinced my OH that we were just going to look at some bunnies....teehee

We wanted Nethie's and there weren't any buns in our rescues near here. Weirdly there don't ever seem to be many.

We had picked Archie from pictures online, he was the last of his litter and my OH had already named him before we got there! The breeder was going to keep him, but had changed her mind for some reason. I think she wanted to keep him really..

Archibald Montgomery Hoppinsworth was named and chosen. He was so shy, but adorable.

We were hoping to get a orange Doe to go with Archie, but she was gone before we got there....

However Pippin Hoppinsworth was the last left of her litter, because she was black and they don't photograph Well apparently. I scooped her up and she spent the whole time relaxing into my arms and looking at me....

2 days later we were back to collect them and bring them home!!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Athena absolutely chose me. She was a P@H adoption area rabbit and whenever we were near, she started showing off.

Elphie (and Galinda) were the first 2 does I picked up from a litter of 3 blue does. I felt bad leaving #3 behind.

River and Morning were also P@H adoptions. They had been surrendered for 'digging' and 'jumping a 3ft fence'. Then for half a year, they were passed from store to store til I turned up. :(

Morpheus was chosen from 3 photos of Honeybunnies. I chose him because I missed my magpie harli lionhead, Nessarose. I HAD fallen in love with a baby, Journey. But she turned out to be a she. I was tempted to adopt her, one of her brothers (Beach) to bond with Persephone, but it would have been too long to wait really.

Erasmus Chipper, I knew I had to adopt when both Apollo and Takumi died. River and Athena were at risk of bond breaking, but he settled them down. I didn't even know what other Honeybunny bucks were available. He was being rehomed as an aggressive bunny for an experienced home. So the moment I knew I needed a boy, I knew it was him I needed.

Helios and Selene I wanted after losing mini rex Lelantos. They were the parents of a supposed 'oops' litter. H had already been neutered though. Both were more interesting and prettier than their kits too.

Persephone fell on my lap. Advertised as a white rabbit 'need gone'. Had been abandoned in a flat in a hamster cage.

Arce (and Iris) were my last P@H adoptions. I got a chance to hold them 2 days before they were ready to leave, and both melted in ny arms. I had to go back.

Yuki, I was given the option between him and Niji from photos. I chose Niji. :lol: On the way up there, I heard from Jill that his neuter and recovery had gone horrendously wrong and he nearly died. And Arce was really beginning to pine for company, so was then offered a choice between Yuki and another rabbit. The other rabbit had somebody else interested him, and although I was given first refusal, I preferred Yuki Doodlebug anyhow.

And Niji, of course, I'd already fallen for (even from 1 photo) and cared deeply about. On the journey to collect Yuki, I said "we'll have both." We collected Niji just over a month later.

It sounds like so many things fell into place for you. But then you listened to the signals? So often I think we might impose our 'wants' and miss out on a gem that's just lurking out of sight :)

It sounds like so many things fell into place for you. But then you listened to the signals? So often I think we might impose our 'wants' and miss out on a gem that's just lurking out of sight :)

Yes. :) Some additions (like the rexes) are due to losses, as they were originally with Elphie, after she lost Galinda. River and Morning, after Lelantos to be more accurate, though they needed separating. In the past few months, we've had a massive breakthrough with Morning, which is so rewarding. :love:

Each one is special in their own way.

Lopsy was a sort-of rescue, from OH's colleague. When we started looking for a wifebun, there was a lovely lady lop at Notts Nibblers who was lovely, but then a beige/fawn 'normal' lady with a horrid eye abscess was posted up by them and I felt like she might be left behind as the lop with two eyes was probably easier to rehome than the now-one-eyed other one. So we got them to try bonding Lopsy with her and they got on pretty well. That's Aboleth's story :D I dunno if she chose us but I'm glad she did. She adores Lopsy but she definitely keeps him in his place, and Lopsy is pretty smitten because she grooms him, I think he's not got the right brain cells to be properly adoring of her :lol: :love:

An odd couple :lol:

I love the name of the Rescue Centre - Notts Nibblers :D

Of my last four:
Matthew was so unutterably beautiful he had to be mine.
Tabitha, his sister, would have been left alone if I hadn't taken her, and might have been placed in free ads.
Daughter chose Charles and Cecile. They were very lovingly raised and very beautiful.

Did the four of them live together HB?

Back