• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

lindac

Warren Scout
I didn't notice this before so am sorry for this appearing after a few posts.

My rabbit is a beautiful Dutch, there is a picture of him overe there <<<<<<, he is 9.5 years old and unfortunately he has cancer. He lives on my balcony, I never shut him in his hutch as the balcony is sheltered.

I also have two cats, Dubs likes sniffing around them but the cats seem a bibt wary of Dubbs.

The reason I chose Dubbs for my first rabbit? Well, when I went to view the bunnies at the petshop, one of them seemed to literally want to squeeze his little nose through the mesh for a noserub and seemed eager for attention. I asked the shop assistant to show him to me, so she opened the cage, picked up the baby rabbit, and promptly dropped it and it landed on its head. Poor little thing! I had to have him after that, rescue him from the clumsy shop assistant....and that is how Dubbs came to be my first ever rabbit.

Hi Lindac :wave:

Dubbs is beautiful, 9 1/2 years is a really good age, and a cat chaser :lol: sorry to hear Dubbs has cancer :( have you known long?

Hey Denni

Thanks! He is lovely. I have known for almost 3 years that he has a tumour of some kind on his kidney. Its only in the past three weeks that it has started giving him problems. He hasn't been too good for the past two days again. I'm gonna watch him like a hawk tonight to try and figure out how he is from his behaviour. If the painkiller has stopped working then i think i have to say bye bye to him...

:-(

Hi Lindac,

So sorry to hear about Dubs cancer.
I hope he feels a bit better tonight.
Despite that 9 1/2 is a good age for a bunny!
This is a lovely forum and everyone will be here for you if the worst happens.

:bunny:

Lindac, I really feel for you and Dubbs at this moment, its not easy. I hope that Dubbs does have an easier night and that goes for you too. You know where everybody is if you want a chat.

I lost my cat who was 17 1/2 years in Jan this year and lost out bun Feb this year, both still brings a tear my eye but also brings alot of smiles when I think about all the mischief they got into. I still have one cat left who was 18 yrs in June, he is a bit of a couch potato now :lol:

There are lots of good people on here that can steer you in the right direct if you need advice, alot of others will also know how you are feeling and may have some suggestions for you. Just shout if you need anything

thanks for your lovely words everyone, its good to know there are people around who understand how i feel and who i can get advice from when i need it. as you can imagine, rabbit owners are not very common in central london and i don't know anyone who has a rabbit.

when i got home last night Dubbs had eaten all of the food i had left out for him. i also took him some carrot tops home (which surprisingly i got from my local rubbish sainsburys). he tucked straight into them. his poo also looked quite healthy yesterday too, which was a relief as i thought i might have caused him stasis by giving him banana the night before.

he came in last night for 30 mins for noserubs and eyebrow nibbling and nose licking and he jumped on and off the sofa a couple of times so i guess he was feeling ok and not in pain.

he was quiet again this morning though, maybe thats just the pattern of the painkillers though? quiet mornings, lively evenings. i must stop fretting!

Denny, your cats live to a great age! you must be a good mum :)

Back