• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Awareness Week 17th - 25th June 2017

MightyMax

Banned
Wendover Heights Veterinary Centre

https://www.whvc.co.uk

Tring Road,
Halton, Buckinghamshire

During June we are taking part in Rabbit Awareness Week 2018.
You are invited to book your rabbits in for a FREE HEALTH CHECK with one of our veterinary surgeons.
Health checks include;
> Teeth check
> Nail check & clip if required
> Weight check
> Full physical examination
> 10% discount on fly strike prevention treatments
HUGE DISCOUNTS ON VACCINATIONS!
Rabbit myxomatosis & Viral haemorrhagic disease (VHD1) vaccine:
RAW offer price £20, usually £39.90
Rabbit viral haemorrhagic disease (VHD2) vaccine:
Rabbit FULL VACCINATION bundle (myxo + VHD1 + VHD2)
RAW offer price £35 , usually £58

We recommend your rabbit has the complete course to give them complete protection.

Please note that vaccinations must be given AT LEAST two weeks apart.

We will also be giving 10% discounts on fly strike preventative treatments, treats, hay, worming, food and more!

> FREE GOODIE BAGS!

TO BOOK YOUR BUNNY IN PLEASE PHONE THE PRACTICE ON (01296) 623439

Last edited:
Wendover Heights Veterinary Centre

https://www.whvc.co.uk

Tring Road,
Halton, Buckinghamshire

During June we are taking part in Rabbit Awareness Week 2018.
You are invited to book your rabbits in for a FREE HEALTH CHECK with one of our veterinary surgeons.
Health checks include;
> Teeth check
> Nail check & clip if required
> Weight check
> Full physical examination
> 10% discount on fly strike prevention treatments
HUGE DISCOUNTS ON VACCINATIONS!
Rabbit myxomatosis & Viral haemorrhagic disease (VHD1) vaccine:
Rabbit viral haemorrhagic disease (VHD2) vaccine:
Rabbit FULL VACCINATION bundle (myxo + VHD1 + VHD2)
RAW offer price £35 , usually £58

We recommend your rabbit has the complete course to give them complete protection.

Please note that vaccinations must be given AT LEAST two weeks apart.

We will also be giving 10% discounts on fly strike preventative treatments, treats, hay, worming, food and more!

> FREE GOODIE BAGS!

TO BOOK YOUR BUNNY IN PLEASE PHONE THE PRACTICE ON (01296) 623439

This is great. I think more and more practices take part in Rabbit Awareness Week - mine usually do similar but for the whole month.

Yes I haven't heard of vets near me doing anything either... YET!! Hope they will though :)

There is a move to 'move away from muesli'

http://www.rabbitawarenessweek.co.uk

I didn't think anyone fed muesli anymore for some reason - although I say that... Atticus and Clementine were on muesli when I picked them up from the breeder which I thought was weird at the time - again though they never had the selective feeding issue [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

When is RAW? I don't think my vets or work are doing anything but I'll make sure to post some info/care tips on the Facebook page!

I didn't think anyone fed muesli anymore for some reason - although I say that... Atticus and Clementine were on muesli when I picked them up from the breeder which I thought was weird at the time - again though they never had the selective feeding issue [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I think breeders often do still, perhaps it's cheaper for multiple rabbits?

Yes maybe that's it! Never thought about it like that :)

I suppose it depends on what supplies they can get in bulk.

It's shame to start rabbits off on muesli though, as they need the best nutrition from the outset when their bones are growing.

I’m organising my practice - I’m offering free health checks and some of our branches have 50% off neutering!

Luckily my vets are doing 20% off everything bunny and that will be 2 weeks after their nobivac so I'll get it off their filivac but it is just a fluke - I wouldn't know about it if I hadn't been in.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Luckily my vets are doing 20% off everything bunny and that will be 2 weeks after their nobivac so I'll get it off their filivac but it is just a fluke - I wouldn't know about it if I hadn't been in.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Hi Julia :wave:

That's really handy! 20% off filavac amounts to a lot, especially when my vet is charging £40 :shock:

Cross posted from "I Love My Bunny"

Companion Care (may) be offering half price vaccinations and free checks this week
Not sure if this is just my CC or if it's nationwide but thought I'd mention in case; Just seen on their facebook page that Companion Care in farnborough is offering half price vaccinations and free health checks with a nurse for RAW. They also have a limited stock of food samples apparently.
I hope I still qualify for it as I already have Mishka and Pixel booked in for theirs this coming week, having completely forgotten it was RAW. Would be incredibly helpful if so..
Just thought I'd mention it in case it's helpful to anyone, though as I say I don't know if it's just my surgery or if it's a national thing.

Edit: Also not sure if this is the right place.. Maybe it should have been in health? Sorry if I've got it wrong

20% off filavac amounts to a lot, especially when my vet is charging £40 :shock:
£42.50 here per rabbit, per vaccine (nobivac and filavac are both £42.50 each). But hoping it's going to qualify for the half price thing as I mentioned in the other thread. If so that leaves me with extra money next week which lets me get the buns something extra as a treat. With all that's happening I'm just wanting to buy them things and spoil them at the moment..

Back