• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help with housing & equipment photos/stories for new bunny blog

orangediva

Mama Doe
As per the title really!

I’m starting a new blog on rabbit housing (indoor/outdoor), equipment and hacks using non bunny items as well as posts about daily routines/time commitments and more realistic costs - all aimed at the novice or prospective owner.

I’m going to do posts on my rabbits, their accommodation and our routines but it will be pretty dull if it’s just me - I’m looking for anyone prepared to:
a) share photos of their set ups that they are happy for me to use on my site (credited of course) and/or
b) write more detailed guest posts ie a diary post on how you set things up or your daily/weekly routines

I’m doing this as I’m going to be off work due to my surgery and will probably go crazy if I don’t have something to occupy me while I recuperate as I can’t drive or lift anything. I’ve started the set up process but I’m pretty new to this sort of thing so it may be awhile before anything is public - steep learning curve indeed! I know people on here are so dedicated to their buns and have some incredible set ups.

If anyone is interested in helping out please PM me :wave:

Last edited:
I don't think I'm experienced enough to contribute, but it sounds like an amazing project, and one I'd look forward to reading!

I don't think I'm experienced enough to contribute, but it sounds like an amazing project, and one I'd look forward to reading!

Actually a little diary and/or piccies of your forthcoming project would be exactly what I’m looking for. No pressure if you are busy or don’t fancy it - but if you do :thumb:

Hope nobody minds if I bump this in case anyone who might be interested in contributing hasn’t seen it.

I’ve had some wonderful offers, thanks so much :love:

I'm a meanie - I don't have or do anything special for my bunnies...we just share everything as a family. I'm hopeful this spring & summer We'll convert our little back yard into a tranquil spot for us & a playground & munching zone for the bunnies. I want to help (read that as show off my gorgeous bunnies) but don't feel I have the resources

I'm a meanie - I don't have or do anything special for my bunnies...we just share everything as a family. I'm hopeful this spring & summer We'll convert our little back yard into a tranquil spot for us & a playground & munching zone for the bunnies. I want to help (read that as show off my gorgeous bunnies) but don't feel I have the resources

You are definitely not a meanie, JB - I’ve seen your photos and you have some seriously happy and chilled out bunnies there. Which is exactly what I’m looking for.

Actually no one who has come back to me so far has indoor bunnies - so if you did fancy taking part with your bunny family to show how it’s done that would be amazing ;)

No pressure but PM me if you fancy it

As per the title really!

I’m starting a new blog on rabbit housing (indoor/outdoor), equipment and hacks using non bunny items as well as posts about daily routines/time commitments and more realistic costs - all aimed at the novice or prospective owner.

I’m going to do posts on my rabbits, their accommodation and our routines but it will be pretty dull if it’s just me - I’m looking for anyone prepared to:
a) share photos of their set ups that they are happy for me to use on my site (credited of course) and/or
b) write more detailed guest posts ie a diary post on how you set things up or your daily/weekly routines

I’m doing this as I’m going to be off work due to my surgery and will probably go crazy if I don’t have something to occupy me while I recuperate as I can’t drive or lift anything. I’ve started the set up process but I’m pretty new to this sort of thing so it may be awhile before anything is public - steep learning curve indeed! I know people on here are so dedicated to their buns and have some incredible set ups.

If anyone is interested in helping out please PM me :wave:

I have indoor buns, so as much of the house as they want is their playground. And also outside (three different play areas) when I am out there with them.

Sorry I can't do details or photos, but just wanted to encourage you and bump up your thread.

I think it's a great idea :D

I have indoor buns, so as much of the house as they want is their playground. And also outside (three different play areas) when I am out there with them.

Sorry I can't do details or photos, but just wanted to encourage you and bump up your thread.

I think it's a great idea :D

Thanks so much MM :thumb:

Been working on it tonight - the learning curve is definitely mega steep for me!

I'd like to help out with something for outside bunnies but currrently my setup is a bit improvised to cope with a single and a pair needing to be kept next to each other for company so not a good idea for publishing pictures.

I do have a hack though if it's of use? For summer when shade is needed I use the plastic tablecloths you can get cut to length from rolls in Dunhelm on tops of runs and use pegs to pin it down to my runaround runs. It's a lot sturdier than most tarps plus it's available in white for additional heat reflection. A potential upgrade to using pegs is punching eyelets in but that's something I need to test as I'm not sure how that would cope with wind vs material ripping.

Actually a little diary and/or piccies of your forthcoming project would be exactly what I’m looking for. No pressure if you are busy or don’t fancy it - but if you do :thumb:

Oh right! I hadn't planned to document it in photos since Photobucket stopped working, but if you think it might be useful I'll give it a bash. I'll maybe do a diary thread here, once I get started, and you can help yourself to text/photos?

I am also a novice but do love taking photos of my bunch. I would be happy to share the photos with you and really looking forward to reading the blog. PS I am so much of a novice I cant even add an avatar to my posts :(

I'd happily share photos of the girls set up.
However routine wise they're really low maintenance so wouldn't have much to write in the diary... [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'd like to help out with something for outside bunnies but currrently my setup is a bit improvised to cope with a single and a pair needing to be kept next to each other for company so not a good idea for publishing pictures.

I do have a hack though if it's of use? For summer when shade is needed I use the plastic tablecloths you can get cut to length from rolls in Dunhelm on tops of runs and use pegs to pin it down to my runaround runs. It's a lot sturdier than most tarps plus it's available in white for additional heat reflection. A potential upgrade to using pegs is punching eyelets in but that's something I need to test as I'm not sure how that would cope with wind vs material ripping.

Do you have a link, that sounds interesting? Does it come in pink? :oops:

I’m going to cover keeping pairs/ groups and would be very interested in pictures of accommodation - temporary or otherwise - for when rabbits can’t be kept together eg after fighting or while waiting for neutering/hormones to settle. Totally up to you but pm me if you want to include any of your photos.

Oh right! I hadn't planned to document it in photos since Photobucket stopped working, but if you think it might be useful I'll give it a bash. I'll maybe do a diary thread here, once I get started, and you can help yourself to text/photos?

That’s sounds fab, thanks so much. I’ve started using tinypic after recommendations here, it’s ridiculously easy to use and seems to work a lot like photobucket.

I am also a novice but do love taking photos of my bunch. I would be happy to share the photos with you and really looking forward to reading the blog. PS I am so much of a novice I cant even add an avatar to my posts :(

C&D - top right of your screen -go to settings , to the left you'll see edit avatar

That would be brilliant, I’ve fallen in love with your rabbits :love:
Pm me when you are ready and I’ll send you my email address to send the photos.

I’m not great technically but I can talk you through how I loaded my avatar if you like?

I'd happily share photos of the girls set up.
However routine wise they're really low maintenance so wouldn't have much to write in the diary... [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That would be brilliant, thanks so much! PM me when you are ready and I’ll send you my email address for the photos.

Thank you to everyone for such enthusiastic responses! I think I’ll be ready for my first guest post in a week or so and then I’ll open the blog up for everyone’s scrutiny. I can take photos or submissions at any time though. Don’t forget who you want them crediting to.

I can help if my set up makes the grade! We are indoor bunnies, no outdoor set up April (so excited to start creating that)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I can help if my set up makes the grade! We are indoor bunnies, no outdoor set up April (so excited to start creating that)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Absolutely - I love your bunny room and don’t have many indoor enclosures or bunny room offers as yet:thumb:

Do you fancy doing a photo diary of the building of your new outdoor set up as well?! Xx

Ps Am I allowed to link my blog in a signature on RU? I’m not big on social media so not sure where else to publicise it?

Back