• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orion is being neutered!

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
he had no idea what was doing on this morning :lol: he just thought he was getting a second dinner. running, binkying, clearly he thought the carrier wasn't for him.

he was pretty stressed so before we went in I let him out to play in the car, he was jumping all over the back seats, on the parcel shelf and thought the condensation tasted pretty yummy. he's got some herbs and an icecream tub full of hay, forage and a bag of herbs.

Luna is not trusting at all, she is 100% sure that she's heading to the vets and has refused to even come for pets, hiding in the back of her hutch :( I keep telling her its her stinky brother that's going but she doesn't believe that one

he had no idea what was doing on this morning :lol: he just thought he was getting a second dinner. running, binkying, clearly he thought the carrier wasn't for him.

he was pretty stressed so before we went in I let him out to play in the car, he was jumping all over the back seats, on the parcel shelf and thought the condensation tasted pretty yummy. he's got some herbs and an icecream tub full of hay, forage and a bag of herbs.

Luna is not trusting at all, she is 100% sure that she's heading to the vets and has refused to even come for pets, hiding in the back of her hutch :( I keep telling her its her stinky brother that's going but she doesn't believe that one

Sending loads of vibes for Orion :wave:

Lots of happy healing vibes for Orion. Hope he and Luna will be reunited very soon.

thank you all! apologies I've slept as I was utterly exhausted.

he was a very good boy according to the nurse. he came around incredibly quickly, and basically fed himself the recovery food :lol: he was munching away and although they wanted him to rest, every time they came over he started zooming and binkying!!

Orion's very groggy and is sulking at me. he's pooping and eating well, so I'm just letting him rest and hoping he'll forgive me in time.

first time I've seen a bunny use a heat pad, he loves it :shock:

thank you all! apologies I've slept as I was utterly exhausted.

he was a very good boy according to the nurse. he came around incredibly quickly, and basically fed himself the recovery food :lol: he was munching away and although they wanted him to rest, every time they came over he started zooming and binkying!!

Orion's very groggy and is sulking at me. he's pooping and eating well, so I'm just letting him rest and hoping he'll forgive me in time.

first time I've seen a bunny use a heat pad, he loves it :shock:

Good news :)

Heat pads are awesome!

he's doing very well today! I gave him his metacam and gut stimulant this morning, he has a lot of fight in him. I am glad but its also a tad annoying to chance a wriggly bunny around who doesn't want his medication, and you're worried about hurting him.

he's back to his usual Orion things, looking like a frog, staring, digging his hay up and chewing his hutch.

I looked at the wound site today, and he doesn't actually have his testicles removed, just a little incision on each one. I guess its similar to a vasectomy? I thought they would have been removed but I know some vets do the same for cats. Orion has bounced back much better than Snoopy, who had them removed, but we also had a better vet.

he loves his heat pad, so it may become something permanent :lol:

he's doing very well today! I gave him his metacam and gut stimulant this morning, he has a lot of fight in him. I am glad but its also a tad annoying to chance a wriggly bunny around who doesn't want his medication, and you're worried about hurting him.

he's back to his usual Orion things, looking like a frog, staring, digging his hay up and chewing his hutch.

I looked at the wound site today, and he doesn't actually have his testicles removed, just a little incision on each one. I guess its similar to a vasectomy? I thought they would have been removed but I know some vets do the same for cats. Orion has bounced back much better than Snoopy, who had them removed, but we also had a better vet.

he loves his heat pad, so it may become something permanent :lol:

I think it's a little different from a vasectomy ..... the testicles (skin) will shrivel up and disappear over time :)

The testicles will have been removed and it’s just the skin that’s left. Sometimes there’s post op swelling which might be what you’re seeing. So glad to see he’s doing well though!

I think it's a little different from a vasectomy ..... the testicles (skin) will shrivel up and disappear over time :)

:oops: :lol:

when Snoopy was neutered, everything came off.. he was shaved and both testicles were removed completely. he got called bare butt for the longest time. its the only thing my mind could think of, but that makes a lot more sense!! I just remembered they do something similar in cats at times, so I figured perhaps it was that.

Back