• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny left out in the snow

VickyC83

Mama Doe
There's a bunny a few doors down from my house that is still outside in a hutch with no cover on. Snow is piled high on top of it. The snow here is at least six inches deep and it's killing me knowing she's stuck outside. They were reported to the RSPCA the last time it snowed, but clearly nothing has been done. I need to say something to fellow bunny lovers as I know you'll understand 😭

There's a bunny a few doors down from my house that is still outside in a hutch with no cover on. Snow is piled high on top of it. The snow here is at least six inches deep and it's killing me knowing she's stuck outside. They were reported to the RSPCA the last time it snowed, but clearly nothing has been done. I need to say something to fellow bunny lovers as I know you'll understand 😭

Oh my goodness, how heartbreaking :(

They don't deserve such a special and sensitive creature if that's the way they look after it :(

I know
I'd buy a suitable living space and snugglesafe but they're not cooperative. I feel guilty for being in my house while she's out there. It's horrible

Last edited:
Report them again. Get anyone you know who will to also do it. How long can the RSPCA ignore someone breaking the law and not meeting an animals basic needs that’s supposedly enshrined in it.

I’d be so tempted to break into their garden and take her. I do know someone who always wished she’d done that to one of her neighbours several years ago - after the rabbit died of starvation in it’s filthy little hutch despite numerous reports to the RSPCA. Nothing was ever done to the people afterwards either.

Edited to add I don’t mean to make you feel bad for not breaking in to steal her, that’s obviously extreme - and illegal. It just makes me so angry.

Last edited:
Report them again. Get anyone you know who will to also do it. How long can the RSPCA ignore someone breaking the law and not meeting an animals basic needs that’s supposedly enshrined in it.

I’d be so tempted to break into their garden and take her. I do know someone who always wished she’d done that to one of her neighbours several years ago - after the rabbit died of starvation in it’s filthy little hutch despite numerous reports to the RSPCA. Nothing was ever done to the people afterwards either.

Edited to add I don’t mean to make you feel bad for not breaking in to steal her, that’s obviously extreme - and illegal. It just makes me so angry.

You've said everything I'm feeling :(

I can't stop thinking about this bunny. Would they let it go if someone offered to take it off their hands, or would that entrench their view of wanting to keep it do you think?

"It" probably belongs to a child! I can fully understand how you must be feeling. Hopefully bunny is not too cold, as we know they tolerate it very well when kept outside. It's the water that might have frozen that is also worrying. Could you take a nice carrot down there and say you've brought it for their bunny and maybe you could get chatting. Good luck!

I know ☺ I've gone to get her but my OH stopped me. I'd be done for theft and lose my job. She's a good size and looks bright enough which is good. It just breaks me to see her get no interaction

You've said everything I'm feeling :(

I can't stop thinking about this bunny. Would they let it go if someone offered to take it off their hands, or would that entrench their view of wanting to keep it do you think?

They're not very approachable or i would buy them a suitable home out of my own money and get her snugglesafes etc. I'm in a tricky situation because if I do approach them and the rspca do go it's obvious who's reported them.

Last edited:
"It" probably belongs to a child! I can fully understand how you must be feeling. Hopefully bunny is not too cold, as we know they tolerate it very well when kept outside. It's the water that might have frozen that is also worrying. Could you take a nice carrot down there and say you've brought it for their bunny and maybe you could get chatting. Good luck!

Thank you. She looks well fed. They're just not very approachable people 😕 they were really rude when my elderly neighbour tried to warn them about a fox

Back