• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fledgling Collared Doves

Den

Mama Doe
Just before the recent cold spell a pair of doves built their nest in a conifer in my garden.

Despite being blanketed in snow for the best part of a week, these two fledged on Monday.
f58a82fc77a94c9a7b0fa7b67bfc65fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh I love these birds! :love: Thanks for sharing. :)
Once spring gets a toehold here, we're going to start hearing them call. In fact the few nice days we've had so far have already brought out a tonne of robins and diddy tweets that I can't identify, plus one woodpecker. I'll have to see if I can l load up the photos I took. ;)

I think that they and Wood Pigeons nest several times a year and so their first brood is earlier than other garden birds. Hopefully they should be OK if it gets a lot colder.

They are very cute :love:

Very cute ,I know feral pigeons breed most of the year,a pair of them were at it on my wheelie bin.:shock: The magpies are repairing their nest in the sycamore across the way.Sparrows are fighting and chasing females,who then beat up the males.:lol:Wood pigeons are preening each other etc.Spring is here,even if it doesn't feel like it.

Very cute ,I know feral pigeons breed most of the year,a pair of them were at it on my wheelie bin.:shock: The magpies are repairing their nest in the sycamore across the way.Sparrows are fighting and chasing females,who then beat up the males.:lol:Wood pigeons are preening each other etc.Spring is here,even if it doesn't feel like it.

Definitely.

Aforementioned conifer is an apartment block for doves, wood pigeons, sparrows and blackbirds.

Bluetits busy in a meeting box too.

Back