PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Rabbit Welfare Assoc Conference

MightyMax
10-03-2018, 11:43 PM
https://shop.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/product/rwaf-owners-conference-2018/

It looks splendiferous - I am seriously considering going :D

If I did, would I meet anyone there?? :)

orangediva
10-03-2018, 11:50 PM
I’m also very keen, not booking yet as no date for surgery but, if I can, I’m going (both days). :wave:

MightyMax
11-03-2018, 12:13 AM
Iím also very keen, not booking yet as no date for surgery but, if I can, Iím going (both days). :wave:

Yay!!

I really hope your surgery gets sorted. Is it something that's worrying you? I really hope not :)

orangediva
11-03-2018, 12:24 AM
Not worried but I have just got to the stage where I need to have it ASAP - it’s affecting my life and particularly my work now. I won’t be able to drive for 8 weeks post op which is why I’m not booking anything yet but I’ll be going if I can. I have some of the course notes from previous years which are incredibly informative, it looks brilliant 8)

MightyMax
11-03-2018, 01:24 AM
Not worried but I have just got to the stage where I need to have it ASAP - itís affecting my life and particularly my work now. I wonít be able to drive for 8 weeks post op which is why Iím not booking anything yet but Iíll be going if I can. I have some of the course notes from previous years which are incredibly informative, it looks brilliant 8)

They will have to get a move on booking your op in then!

Rhianna
11-03-2018, 05:56 PM
I am actually on annual leave that week and have made no plans so I could go. It would take just over two hours to get there so I would probably have to go the day before and stay over which would put the cost up but I would consider it if anyone else from RU was going who I could meet up with. I love meeting bunny people :love:

I'm confident with nebulising as my bridge bun Furby was nebulised a few times a day and I nebulise myself when my asthma is bad but lots of the other topics I know nothing or very little about. Would have to make sure my neighbour could feed the fur family for me too but it isn't the school holidays so she is unlikely to be away herself as she has three children.

MightyMax
11-03-2018, 06:16 PM
I am actually on annual leave that week and have made no plans so I could go. It would take just over two hours to get there so I would probably have to go the day before and stay over which would put the cost up but I would consider it if anyone else from RU was going who I could meet up with. I love meeting bunny people :love:

I'm confident with nebulising as my bridge bun Furby was nebulised a few times a day and I nebulise myself when my asthma is bad but lots of the other topics I know nothing or very little about. Would have to make sure my neighbour could feed the fur family for me too but it isn't the school holidays so she is unlikely to be away herself as she has three children.

I will keep in touch as to my plans and hopefully people will add to this thread if they feel they are likely to be going :D

joey&boo
11-03-2018, 06:21 PM
interesting - I prefer the look of day 2 although the sole / feet one would be a must. I hope everyone that goes has fun & learns lots

loobers25
11-03-2018, 07:51 PM

I'm confident with nebulising as my bridge bun Furby was nebulised a few times a day and I nebulise myself when my asthma is bad but lots of the other topics I know nothing or very little about. Would have to make sure my neighbour could feed the fur family for me too but it isn't the school holidays so she is unlikely to be away herself as she has three children.I'm thinking about going but is a lot of money isn't. I might see if oh can buy it for my birthday

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

loobers25
11-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Are there only a certain amount of places?

MightyMax
11-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Are there only a certain amount of places?

Yes I expect so. But I am not deciding yet whether I'm going (I can't, there are factors not in my control at the moment). So I am hoping that if I do decide to go, there will still be places available

Graciee
11-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Looks pretty cool, and it's at the weekend, anyone been to this kinda thing before? What's it like? :D x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Cuthbert&Dillon
12-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Looks very interesting, it depends on work for me.

keletkezes
12-03-2018, 11:01 AM
I prefer the look of day 2 although the sole / feet one would be a must.I agree: Lopsy's feet are a mess right now :S

I have a feeling I've got something on that weekend, possibly something at the air museum I was going to go in for.

daphnephoebe
12-03-2018, 11:33 AM
It looks great. I'll have to see if I can save up any money for it as I'd like to to on both days but £150 is quite intense!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

MightyMax
12-03-2018, 11:42 AM
It looks great. I'll have to see if I can save up any money for it as I'd like to to on both days but £150 is quite intense!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes I agree!

If you're a member it's £100 (membership costs £20)

loobers25
12-03-2018, 11:50 AM
I think the price is alot but ok considering the people there like molly varga etc but it's the petrol and travelling money. I was impressed they have vegan options :D

Rhianna
12-03-2018, 11:55 AM
I hadn't fully appreciated the price. I would probably only go for one day anyway.

MightyMax
12-03-2018, 04:46 PM
Looks pretty cool, and it's at the weekend, anyone been to this kinda thing before? What's it like? :D x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yes I have, but not when they are in Scotland :lol:

They are awesome - I often got the notes from the Conferences (when I couldn't attend) and they are so useful :thumb:

Omi
12-03-2018, 04:49 PM
I'm very tempted. It's a long way though so would only make sense to stay overnight and attend both days.

MightyMax
12-03-2018, 04:51 PM
I'm very tempted. It's a long way though so would only make sense to stay overnight and attend both days.

That's what I would be doing. A Rabbit Beano weekend :lol:

MightyMax
20-03-2018, 01:16 AM
Bumping this up!

There is a small posse of us that are thinking of going.

Please let me know - here or privately - if you are also thinking about it, and would like to meet up :D

orangediva
20-03-2018, 02:47 AM
Perhaps we could organise some lift shares as well? Make it easier for people who might not have transport.

MightyMax
20-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Perhaps we could organise some lift shares as well? Make it easier for people who might not have transport.

That would be a great idea :thumb:

Rhianna
20-03-2018, 04:12 PM
I am tempted too - especially as I usually work Friday evenings and Sunday mornings. It is a lot of money though, with petrol and accommodation added in. Am going to see where there is to stay locally and what sort of prices they are charging. I would either need to get up very early on the Saturday or come up on the Friday afternoon.

It would be a mini holiday though - and I never have proper holidays.

MightyMax
20-03-2018, 04:54 PM
I am tempted too - especially as I usually work Friday evenings and Sunday mornings. It is a lot of money though, with petrol and accommodation added in. Am going to see where there is to stay locally and what sort of prices they are charging. I would either need to get up very early on the Saturday or come up on the Friday afternoon.

It would be a mini holiday though - and I never have proper holidays.

Yes I will investigate local places too, as I would go the day before. It would be a mini holiday. A working one though - as well as fun :)

Rhianna
20-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Yes I will investigate local places too, as I would go the day before. It would be a mini holiday. A working one though - as well as fun :)

I wonder if there is a small chalet or somewhere those of us who need to stay could hire together. It would probably be cheaper. I have found two places nearby but would have a small single room with shared bathroom and no breakfast included with one and both are quite expensive:(

orangediva
20-03-2018, 06:47 PM
A holiday cottage might be much cheaper than individual hotels if there’s a few of us - in June it should still be possible to book for the weekend rather than the full week. The other option is a youth hostel or back packer hostel ?

MightyMax
20-03-2018, 07:40 PM
A holiday cottage might be much cheaper than individual hotels if thereís a few of us - in June it should still be possible to book for the weekend rather than the full week. The other option is a youth hostel or back packer hostel ?

I hate to shatter your dreams, but I am no longer a youth :shock::lol:

orangediva
20-03-2018, 07:53 PM
I hate to shatter your dreams, but I am no longer a youth :shock::lol:

I’m not either - but you don’t have to be anymore!

https://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/bristol

MightyMax
20-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Iím not either - but you donít have to be anymore!

https://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/bristol

I guess you'd know I wasn't a youth by the fact I didn't know that fact :roll:

That place looks OK :thumb:

Babsie
20-03-2018, 08:11 PM
I thought youth hostels had bunk beds or dormitories. Has all that changed?

MightyMax
20-03-2018, 08:45 PM

Keep up Babsie - orangediva gave the website :D

There's now private en-suite rooms!

Babsie
20-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Keep up Babsie - orangediva gave the website :D

There's now private en-suite rooms!

Oh, MM, I keep getting left behind in this modern world!

Rhianna
20-03-2018, 09:55 PM

I thought exactly the same thing and at my age the thought of sharing with strangers fills me with horror.

MightyMax
20-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Oh, MM, I keep getting left behind in this modern world!

Hang onto my supercoat and I will fly you into today :D

Babsie
20-03-2018, 10:12 PM
I thought exactly the same thing and at my age the thought of sharing with strangers fills me with horror.

The thought of sharing with anyone at all (apart, perhaps, from George Clooney - if I can have an hour to prepare and the lights dimmed) fills me with horror. :lol:

Babsie
20-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Hang onto my supercoat and I will fly you into today :D

I might just take you up on that!

MightyMax
20-03-2018, 10:22 PM
The thought of sharing with anyone at all (apart, perhaps, from George Clooney - if I can have an hour to prepare and the lights dimmed) fills me with horror. :lol:

You'd only need an hour? I would need at least a week to prepare !! :lol:

Babsie
20-03-2018, 11:14 PM
You'd only need an hour? I would need at least a week to prepare !! :lol:

Silly of me!:lol:

loobers25
20-03-2018, 11:29 PM
I'm thinking of going for the Saturday! Xx

MightyMax
21-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Silly of me!:lol:

Not at all :D I think you must be highly beauteous :love:

Babsie
21-03-2018, 12:23 AM
Not at all :D I think you must be highly beauteous :love:

Perhaps 30 years ago!:lol:

MightyMax
22-03-2018, 12:00 AM
Perhaps 30 years ago!:lol:

You must be a classic beauty.

I think I look better in black and white :lol:

HouseOfRabbit
22-03-2018, 12:19 AM
Trying to figure out if I can go. It's not too far from me but I'm not sure which day to go for. Both would be nice but I'm being realistic in knowing that I won't be able to manage two full days.

Btw, does anyone have the exact address at all please? I'm googling Langford Vet School and it's coming up with a few options including Bristol Uni so a bit confused.

MightyMax
22-03-2018, 01:02 AM
Trying to figure out if I can go. It's not too far from me but I'm not sure which day to go for. Both would be nice but I'm being realistic in knowing that I won't be able to manage two full days.

Btw, does anyone have the exact address at all please? I'm googling Langford Vet School and it's coming up with a few options including Bristol Uni so a bit confused.

Just trying to find the address for you ....

I'm thinking it's here ......

http://www.bris.ac.uk/vetscience/contact/visit/

Bristol Veterinary School
Langford House
Langford
Bristol
BS40 5DU

MightyMax
28-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Just a little bump for anyone - new or old member! - who's interested.

Keep in touch - PM me if you like, and if you fancy meeting up let me know.

I haven't definitely made my plans yet, but it's a possibility :D

Rhianna
28-03-2018, 01:56 PM
I will go if anyone else from RU does. Don't fancy being there totally alone and I love meeting new RU people.

MightyMax
28-03-2018, 02:40 PM
I will go if anyone else from RU does. Don't fancy being there totally alone and I love meeting new RU people.

I love meeting new RU people.

I'll keep you posted K about what's happening before we have to make a final decision :)