• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nancy Update

Den

Mama Doe
Well the good news is Nancy does not have another urine infection. Her specimen was clear of bacteria and blood traces but does show a variety of crystals.

I discussed her pain/not eating episode with Alex who confirmed it could have been related to the bladder crystals, however her urine sample was not indicative of inflammation of the bladder.

Yesterday I observed that she appeared to drag one of her back legs whilst going to the litter tray and when she eventually got in she had left a trail of urine en route.

She has had no further pain episodes and leg-dragging that I am aware of.

The upshot is, Nancy has been prescribed Metacam to calm down any bladder inflammation and possible arthritic pain, further tests have been sent off to check for EC (she has no neurological symptoms). If this is negative she will have to be sedated and her her urinary tract scanned, at the same time her hips and rear legs.

Any more vibes much appreciated.

Well the good news is Nancy does not have another urine infection. Her specimen was clear of bacteria and blood traces but does show a variety of crystals.

I discussed her pain/not eating episode with Alex who confirmed it could have been related to the bladder crystals, however her urine sample was not indicative of inflammation of the bladder.

Yesterday I observed that she appeared to drag one of her back legs whilst going to the litter tray and when she eventually got in she had left a trail of urine en route.

She has had no further pain episodes and leg-dragging that I am aware of.

The upshot is, Nancy has been prescribed Metacam to calm down any bladder inflammation and possible arthritic pain, further tests have been sent off to check for EC (she has no neurological symptoms). If this is negative she will have to be sedated and her her urinary tract scanned, at the same time her hips and rear legs.

Any more vibes much appreciated.

I'm so sorry Nancy continues to be a bit of a worry. Did the vet do a bladder X-ray?

I hope the EC test is negative - sending vibes x

I'm so sorry Nancy continues to be a bit of a worry. Did the vet do a bladder X-ray?

I hope the EC test is negative - sending vibes x
Not yet, waiting on the EC result. Also she will need to be sedated 'owing to her behaviour when a urine sample was obtained on monday'[emoji846]And we were there today just before they closed.

Thanks for the vibes.x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not yet, waiting on the EC result. Also she will need to be sedated 'owing to her behaviour when a urine sample was obtained on monday'[emoji846]And we were there today just before they closed.

Thanks for the vibes.x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aww you're welcome :)

Hope there's not too much more waiting for the results x

Back