• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP - Preparing the room for Caramel's potential HUSBUN!

Natalie

Warren Scout
Plans still to be finalised re collection date, but it's most likely that we're going THIS Sunday, to pick up this sweetie, Muffy, from RSPCA!!!!

https://www.rspca.org.uk/findapet/details/-/Animal/MUFFY/ref/BSA2072734/teaser

Very excited here. As per advised by our own vet for Caramel - bearing in mind her heart condition and age (about 9), and advised for our new bun, Muffy - we will be going the slow bonding route.

Sooooooooooooooooo I need to prepare Muffy's room, which is a room next to Caramel's room but the two rooms will have a double wired gate between them so they can see each other and get used to each other without being able to contact/bite each other!

I want to use some of the Manor Pet Housing stuff for him, which is all wood, so if I wipe it all down with a 50/50 water/white vinegar solution, will that neutralise it sufficiently?

Might get on line and order a few new tunnels as well lol

Any other suggestions would be very welcome!

Plus if fingers could be crossed that it's 'love at first sight' that would be awesome.

I AM SO NERVOUS!! and excited, but I think nervousness has the upper hand at the moment in case they don't get on. RSPCA will take Muffy back if things don't work out, but no matter how things turn out, I know that I will be very reluctant to let him go back.

Natalie :?

Oh I'm so excited for you (and Caramel of course) :) I also saw Muffy advertised on the RSPCA search site. He so deserves a super new home :D

Yes, I think the vinegar solution will be fine. I really hope that the bonding goes well.

Exciting news:thumb: he looks gorgeous and sounds like a great match:love: hope it all goes well:thumb:

Thanks everyone.

I just spoke with RSPCA and confirmed we’re aiming to get there for 10.30 Sunday. We live nearly 150 miles away so our arrival time will be dependant on traffic.

We’ve done long journeys to pick up our rescue dogs in the past and the outward journey to collect our new family member always seems to take an eternity lol.

Hope everything goes well for you on Sunday. Hope that Muffy's last years with you can in some way make up for his past.

How wonderful that you're giving Muffy a retirement home. I hope things go smoothly with the journey and with introducing them over time x

Hope the journey goes smoothly and remember be calm and confident, then the bunnies won't pick upon your nervousness! :D

Back