• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

silly bunny box question

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
is there a bunny box for rabbits that is just toy orientated? or could be made that way?

I don't really care for the forage that comes in the boxes and I can never use it quick enough :? the bunnies much prefer toys.

There's the bunny box and bunnies that lunch boxes but they are a mixture of forage treats and toys, I suppose you could buy some toys every month and make your own kind of box up

thats fair, I just do enjoy opening up a box. its exciting [emoji38]
Yeaa bunnies that lunch is great but you get treats and stuff aswell as toys - buns love the stuff tho!

Side note hamstermail is also amazing obviously for hamsters, every month the cutest damn stuff arrives and Gus loves it [emoji7] I'm a bit mad tho, he has so many toys and climbing frames and stuff I have to rotate everything [emoji38] he has an archive box to store his other toys he can't possibly use [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

idk every box I have had has been 80% treats/forage and like.. a toy if that. I've had carrot club, bunnies that lunch, happy bunny club. its always the same story... most of it is forage with one toy, I think once I've had two. I've never had any more than that. I'm not interested in a box full of forage, its not worth the money for me. they're not too interested in it, and I never use it up quick enough. along with that half of the time I'm paying £15 for the box...for it to be worth £10 if that in forage that they don't care for :?

I like the box, its exciting to see what is inside, and they love opening it up too, and chewing the box they get :lol:

the hamster one sounds interesting, perhaps I can get it for the gerbils.

idk every box I have had has been 80% treats/forage and like.. a toy if that. I've had carrot club, bunnies that lunch, happy bunny club. its always the same story... most of it is forage with one toy, I think once I've had two. I've never had any more than that. I'm not interested in a box full of forage, its not worth the money for me. they're not too interested in it, and I never use it up quick enough. along with that half of the time I'm paying £15 for the box...for it to be worth £10 if that in forage that they don't care for :?

I like the box, its exciting to see what is inside, and they love opening it up too, and chewing the box they get [emoji38]

the hamster one sounds interesting, perhaps I can get it for the gerbils.
Ah I seee yea my buns consume everything so I don't have that worry, plus I feed forage everyday so extra is always appreciated [emoji38] understand why that wouldn't work for everyone - I did notice on bunnies that lunch you can buy previous boxes, so if you saw one that was suitable you could order that? Idk

Regarding hamster mail, this is the last box I received - Idk if it'd be suitable for gerbils as the tunnel for instance wouldn't work with animals that chew really it's a light crinkly material, so definitely can't be around an animal that chews (Gus doesn't chew anything soft) I don't have a full picture of the previous box but this little climbing thing came in it which may be suitable? Idk I feel like gerbils would destroy that in seconds! Hahaha

Maybe there's a gerbil box! Off to Google I go...

No luck yet.. Hamster hamper is another hamster one altho I don't think I'd give Gus lots of the stuff they seem to send :/
268af2a6cbbb268955e71bb7d6606624.jpg
758481a16b9f536e8cf67345047f666a.jpg

Last edited:
Just seen https://barksandbunnies.co.uk

Never used them but looking at their website you can select different type boxes, relax, digestive health for example but can also tailor the boxes to suit you (like graze) whether or not you still have to select a certain no. of items from categories I don't know

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I didn't know you could get these for bunnies! I'm going to have to give it a go... Though they'll probably be more interested in nibbling the box itself :lol:

I didn't know you could get these for bunnies! I'm going to have to give it a go... Though they'll probably be more interested in nibbling the box itself :lol:

I've had the bunny club biz and bunnies that lunch box one, he loves them both, but more so the bunnies that lunch one :love: he is easily pleased where forage is concerned and toys

Just seen https://barksandbunnies.co.uk

Never used them but looking at their website you can select different type boxes, relax, digestive health for example but can also tailor the boxes to suit you (like graze) whether or not you still have to select a certain no. of items from categories I don't know

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I've used this company many times.
Just add a note into the order that you'd prefer only toys / only specific treats and they'll do that for you no problem.

With a just you box, you may receive less items so keep that in mind.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ah I seee yea my buns consume everything so I don't have that worry, plus I feed forage everyday so extra is always appreciated [emoji38] understand why that wouldn't work for everyone - I did notice on bunnies that lunch you can buy previous boxes, so if you saw one that was suitable you could order that? Idk

Regarding hamster mail, this is the last box I received - Idk if it'd be suitable for gerbils as the tunnel for instance wouldn't work with animals that chew really it's a light crinkly material, so definitely can't be around an animal that chews (Gus doesn't chew anything soft) I don't have a full picture of the previous box but this little climbing thing came in it which may be suitable? Idk I feel like gerbils would destroy that in seconds! Hahaha

Maybe there's a gerbil box! Off to Google I go...

No luck yet.. Hamster hamper is another hamster one altho I don't think I'd give Gus lots of the stuff they seem to send :/
268af2a6cbbb268955e71bb7d6606624.jpg
758481a16b9f536e8cf67345047f666a.jpg

barks and bunnies can make a gerbil / hamster one :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

while not all may be suitable hopefully most would be? idk can give it a go I suppose.

I have used barks and bunnies, it was the first one I ever brought, but I still ran into the same problem.. I'm interested in toys and not forage. I do give them some forage, but I usually use redigrass these days (they prefer it), and usually I buy from P@H and fill up my forage box for £10 or less, boxes are more expensive than that. hence why I guess I'm more interested in toys which they love to throw around, or in their bowl. I struggle to find what to do with forage.. scatter it sure.. but they don't care for stuffing it in cardboard rolls or somethin, they just make them soggy in the water sadly.

I don't want to say I want toys only to not maybe get the moneys worth. I know I'm being picky. I like to open up a box and I find new things I maybe wouldn't have before, and find out what toys they like. I have received some good things, I've found some more treats they wouldn't have had before. but otherwise idk. its just not my thing.

while not all may be suitable hopefully most would be? idk can give it a go I suppose.

I have used barks and bunnies, it was the first one I ever brought, but I still ran into the same problem.. I'm interested in toys and not forage. I do give them some forage, but I usually use redigrass these days (they prefer it), and usually I buy from P@H and fill up my forage box for £10 or less, boxes are more expensive than that. hence why I guess I'm more interested in toys which they love to throw around, or in their bowl. I struggle to find what to do with forage.. scatter it sure.. but they don't care for stuffing it in cardboard rolls or somethin, they just make them soggy in the water sadly.

I don't want to say I want toys only to not maybe get the moneys worth. I know I'm being picky. I like to open up a box and I find new things I maybe wouldn't have before, and find out what toys they like. I have received some good things, I've found some more treats they wouldn't have had before. but otherwise idk. its just not my thing.
Yea that's all fair, everyone's different and everyone's bunnies also :D

I probably wouldn't get hamster mail for gerbils tho just FYI, maybe try the other one that was suggested? :)

I would really like a hamster thread where people can recommend stuff. I am looking for more ideas for hamster enrichment that's safe.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I would really like a hamster thread where people can recommend stuff. I am looking for more ideas for hamster enrichment that's safe.

Yea that'd be great :D make one! I'm not an expert but I have lots of suggestions which are safe, especially toys... [emoji38]

What type of hamster do you have btw? And what is his or her name? [emoji38] I don't think you've mentioned it and I keep forgetting to ask :D x

Yea that'd be great :D make one! I'm not an expert but I have lots of suggestions which are safe, especially toys... [emoji38]

What type of hamster do you have btw? And what is his or her name? [emoji38] I don't think you've mentioned it and I keep forgetting to ask :D x

Well, I took in two unwanted hammys. I don't know how old they are but they are seriously fricking cute!!! They are roboski hammys. I have always had syrians but haven't had hamsters now for a few years.

At the moment they have wheels and their tubes and sea saw. Need more activities. I used have the ultimate rotastsack cage set up and it used to go all around the room. Wish I kept it!

Well, I took in two unwanted hammys. I don't know how old they are but they are seriously fricking cute!!! They are roboski hammys. I have always had syrians but haven't had hamsters now for a few years.

At the moment they have wheels and their tubes and sea saw. Need more activities. I used have the ultimate rotastsack cage set up and it used to go all around the room. Wish I kept it!

Awh what are their names? [emoji7][emoji7]

I hate rotastak cages. A nightmare to clean and forever falling apart.

I had 3 robos escape from a rotastak once - it took forever rounding them back up!

I would however be tempted to buy runarounds hammy tunnels and join large open cleanable cages that way as I imagine they are as secure as the rabbit ones.

Back