• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box ideas - can you use small stones?

NixNax

Young Bun
Just looking for digging box ideas please. My bunny keeps digging at the cushion wedged behind our sofa to stop him going underneath the recliner so I want to make him a digging box. It will be in our lounge so sand and soil not an option and I've tried card and paper but he wasn't fussed by that.

Just looking for digging box ideas please. My bunny keeps digging at the cushion wedged behind our sofa to stop him going underneath the recliner so I want to make him a digging box. It will be in our lounge so sand and soil not an option and I've tried card and paper but he wasn't fussed by that.

We had hay in our dig box and put pellets or herbs etc to get the foraging behaviour going. I have seen people use ball pit balls in boxes again with pellets or something to dig around for.

Our box looks strange as it was for entertainment while bonding, the long box was cut and the barrier put in so it was like they were digging together. But maybe a long box might make the digging idea more appealing? My two weren’t that fussed if I’m honest lol.
a42a004bb00c1e70c6b3ded65a3e8e41.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back