• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring fever??

hartleyhare

Warren Scout
Following on from my recent post about my bereaved bunny Hartley, he has now been bonded to a lovely English cross, who we have named Dolores. They grt in very well together except for over the past two weeks she appears to have a good dose of spring fever. She will continually hump him and spray him with pee. He is 9-10 and has some arthritis in his back legs/hip area. It's got so bad that I have to keep separating them. Whrn shut in the crate she grabs the bars and shakes them in frustration at being separated from him. She has been spayed and is 6-7 months old. Any thoughts anyone please?

Her hormones may not have subdued as yet, plus Does are very broody during their first Spring even when neutered. Also, she may be picking up on a weakness in your elderly boy, making her behave dominantly.

Following on from my recent post about my bereaved bunny Hartley, he has now been bonded to a lovely English cross, who we have named Dolores. They grt in very well together except for over the past two weeks she appears to have a good dose of spring fever. She will continually hump him and spray him with pee. He is 9-10 and has some arthritis in his back legs/hip area. It's got so bad that I have to keep separating them. Whrn shut in the crate she grabs the bars and shakes them in frustration at being separated from him. She has been spayed and is 6-7 months old. Any thoughts anyone please?

Oh dear ... you are trying so hard on behalf of HH ...

How long ago was she spayed? She will calm down, but she's a youngster at the moment. I do find they burst with energy (I'm always surprised by it because most of my buns being rescue, are a bit older!)

Sorry I haven't replied to your PM by the way. Must catch up :)

Back