• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

Vicky

New Kit
Hi everyone, I have a mini buck lop called Scrumpy who lives in our house and is very cute. I'd like him to have a friend so if there are any mini doe lops in the Berkshire area available please let me know.

Hiya Vicky and Scrumpy and welcome to the rabbit mad house..oops I mean Rabbits United :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope we can assist you in your search for a companion for Scrumpy.
Best wishes
Adele and lots of rabbits

Scrumpy......what a lovely name............sounds as though you could squish him with cuddles :lol:

Welcome Vickey :lol:

Hi Vicky.. glad you found your way here :D
Hopefully you will find your mini lop mate...
Scrumpy is a fun name.. but is it named after the cider?? oooh i love that stuff!!
Theres a few bunnies in Rabbits in Need section, or otherwise try the links at top to rabbit rehome
Chris

Hi Vicky and Scrumpy :wave:

Diddeen said:
Scrumpy is a fun name.. but is it named after the cider?? oooh i love that stuff!!

Your right, Down Somerset cider is called scrumpy and its pretty good stuff. Tried White Lightnening once, was warned that it was very strong stuff. cannot remember what happened that night and have not touched the stuff since :lol: :lol:

How old is Scrumpy Vicky he sounds such a cuteeee

Hi Vicky and Scrumpy!
Lots of buns on rabbitrehome looking for someone to tack them home!
Where abouts in Reading are you? I grew up there..Born in Tilehurst..then moved to Spencers Wood..now in Leicester.

Scrumpy is 18 mths and is called scrumpy because my fiance loves cider! He is a lovely little bunny. I will try to upload some photos if i can work out how!! :D

Hi Vicky & Scrumpy!

Scrumpy apples is my favourite cider ... mmm

I have two very sweet (and spoilt!) mini lops. Billy was my first and I got him last summer. I decided to get him a girlfriend earlier this year ... Rosie and he is so much happier and even friendlier to me now. I can't imagine him on his own now, they are inseparable. Good luck with your girlfriend search :)

Looking forward to some pictures :D

Thank you, Billy and Rosie look really sweet. I'm so glad they get on well. I hope Scrumpy and a girl bunny will get on too!

Hi - have you tried Reading Rabbit Rescue? The lady who runs it takes in rabbits through the RSPCA, she lives in Caversham Heights.

I went to see her to find a girlfriend for Zeus. All her single girls were mini lops - perfect for you but poor Zeus scared them half to death. There was the cutest one - she was waiting to be neutered when I took Zeus so I would imagine she is now (6 months later) called Rosie!! - she really was the friendliest thing but she wasn't ready to be rehomed then.

Rosie.jpg

http://www.rspcareadingguineapigs.co.uk/rabbits.html is the website - if you email her she is usually quite happy for you to pop in and has plenty of runs to use as neutral territory when introducing rabbits to each other - she also offered to help bond any potential matches by taking my rabbit in for a few weeks and doing "all the work" so to speak. Sadly the little ones were all too scared of Zeus for me to adopt a rabbit from her.

She doesn't update the website regularily so you just have to drop her an email and see what she has!

Caz

Thanks Caz, i had not heard of the centre in Reading, but i will contact them, thanks so much for the advice :D

Back