• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling really sad for bunnies

Truffpuff

Mama Doe
Please remove if it’s not ok I did re read the rules, but I understand if not and I apologise.

** Please don’t read on if you are easily upset, I don’t want to offend or put anyone in distress. **

I am on a few groups both U.K. and international about rabbits of Facebook. One of them yesterday posted about something very distressing, I didn’t see it but my OH unfortunately did as the poster was silly and put videos/pics in the main post rather than in comments, of the incident they were highlighting their concerns about (they saw it on and shared from Instagram to the group).

Just knowing about it now I feel ill. I couldn’t sleep last night and I’m so sad I can’t stop bad things happening to bunnies or other animals for that matter. I don’t understand humans sometimes.

Sorry for such a downer, but I just needed to “talk” to people I know understand my sadness and love for these delicate loving creatures :-(
Any happy bunny photos would be most welcome x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I know which activities you're speaking about.
I was equally concerned by the posts and the details.

A few pictures to try and brighten the mood x
03745012fb513b0624fcde5e33fa6442.jpg
27c8f5750a18cc4a3029faf433d7d18a.jpg
7cbef1b4e51c536650fdc5aa88db9e96.jpg
0b27244fe9f886de3c1a3f6a54e3a627.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I think I know which activities you're speaking about.
I was equally concerned by the posts and the details.

A few pictures to try and brighten the mood x
03745012fb513b0624fcde5e33fa6442.jpg
27c8f5750a18cc4a3029faf433d7d18a.jpg
7cbef1b4e51c536650fdc5aa88db9e96.jpg
0b27244fe9f886de3c1a3f6a54e3a627.jpg

Yeah I thought it might be too much if I actually said what it is :-(

I wanted to alert RWAF to see if they can at least appeal to Instagram as they stated it’s not against their rules! And that’s just wrong!! But because we would need to attach proof my OH said he’d message them so I don’t have to see. Sometimes I think the internet is the breeding ground of evil.

Omg thank you so much! I can feel my heart mending already. Your buns are so lovely <3
Do you have a bunny spy cam? :-D xx

Please remove if it’s not ok I did re read the rules, but I understand if not and I apologise.

** Please don’t read on if you are easily upset, I don’t want to offend or put anyone in distress. **

I am on a few groups both U.K. and international about rabbits of Facebook. One of them yesterday posted about something very distressing, I didn’t see it but my OH unfortunately did as the poster was silly and put videos/pics in the main post rather than in comments, of the incident they were highlighting their concerns about (they saw it on and shared from Instagram to the group).

Just knowing about it now I feel ill. I couldn’t sleep last night and I’m so sad I can’t stop bad things happening to bunnies or other animals for that matter. I don’t understand humans sometimes.

Sorry for such a downer, but I just needed to “talk” to people I know understand my sadness and love for these delicate loving creatures :-(
Any happy bunny photos would be most welcome x

Send me an email and talk to me about it xxxxx

Yeah I thought it might be too much if I actually said what it is :-(

I wanted to alert RWAF to see if they can at least appeal to Instagram as they stated it’s not against their rules! And that’s just wrong!! But because we would need to attach proof my OH said he’d message them so I don’t have to see. Sometimes I think the internet is the breeding ground of evil.

Omg thank you so much! I can feel my heart mending already. Your buns are so lovely <3
Do you have a bunny spy cam? :-D xx

I believe the account is linked to America... not sure how much RWAF may be able to do.

Yes we have a bunny cam :) We got it while bonding the girls and it's stuck with us since :)

I believe the account is linked to America... not sure how much RWAF may be able to do.

Yes we have a bunny cam :) We got it while bonding the girls and it's stuck with us since :)

That’s so cool! Bunny TV :-D I bet they think they are famous on their own show like the bunny version of TOWIE haha! Hopefully with less drama though!

I hear you. It's like a physical pain when I hear anything related to suffering, of any sort. I try really hard to avoid it. I know it happens, and do my best to do what I can do, but I can't fix everything an couldn't fix everything, and, when I tried, I really paid for it.

Keep talking, it's important :)

I hear you. It's like a physical pain when I hear anything related to suffering, of any sort. I try really hard to avoid it. I know it happens, and do my best to do what I can do, but I can't fix everything an couldn't fix everything, and, when I tried, I really paid for it.

Keep talking, it's important :)

Thank you.
It’s just so sad in 2018 there’s still such inhumanity in the world and sick people that enjoy it.
I’m thankful my OH told me not t look but I know it’s bothering him because you can’t unsee things and he loves his two bunny boys.

That’s sad that it sounds like you had some trouble or backlash when you have tried to help animals before :-(

Thank you. I wasn’t sure about posting about it because it’s horrible what this man is doing and awareness is powerful, but I don’t want to disturb people either. I hope social media specifically instagram, will crack down on it!

Is this about the looser who abuses rabbits on Instagram? I haven't seen it but I have heard about it -- and going by what he looks like, can you expect anything less? His a lunatic who will probably go on to humans next. I am willing to bet he will be in jail before the year is out.

Is this about the looser who abuses rabbits on Instagram? I haven't seen it but I have heard about it -- and going by what he looks like, can you expect anything less? His a lunatic who will probably go on to humans next. I am willing to bet he will be in jail before the year is out.

Yeah :-(
To be honest all I have seen is his face I can’t bare to watch anything, just his face makes my heart stop, he looks crazed.
That’s what they stay psychopaths often start with animals, he’s already a murder in my eyes and should be treated as such-makes no difference if it’s people or animals I don’t think :-(

:( I haven't heard about this but if it's animal abuse it's against the law. Hopefully he's been reported by someone. Anyone who enjoys hurting animals is a psycho and needs locking up before they hurt any other animals/people.

:( I haven't heard about this but if it's animal abuse it's against the law. Hopefully he's been reported by someone. Anyone who enjoys hurting animals is a psycho and needs locking up before they hurt any other animals/people.

It was reported to instagram and they basically said it’s not against their rules so can’t remove it. There’s no option on Facebook or Instagram to report animal abuse etc. From what I have heard the bunnies don’t make it :-( the police were apparently trying to find him and so were the animal protection, but his IP address is bouncing so can’t locate him.
I will be snugging my boys extra tight tonight <3

It was reported to instagram and they basically said it’s not against their rules so can’t remove it. There’s no option on Facebook or Instagram to report animal abuse etc. From what I have heard the bunnies don’t make it :-( the police were apparently trying to find him and so were the animal protection, but his IP address is bouncing so can’t locate him.
I will be snugging my boys extra tight tonight <3

That's ridiculous about it not being against instagram's rules - who wants to look at people torturing animals! There's no reason not to have a ban on that :?

But yeah I meant it needs reporting to the police. I'm sure they could find him if they actually tried. That's a shame they're making excuses.

Someone has been cat fishing him and he's said he lives in Iran.
His IP address locates to somewhere in South America.
I believe they've made the American equivalent of RSPCA aware and will be trying to locate him using American police forces.

Someone has been cat fishing him and he's said he lives in Iran.
His IP address locates to somewhere in South America.
I believe they've made the American equivalent of RSPCA aware and will be trying to locate him using American police forces.

Thank you for the update, I think the post I saw has been deleted so I don’t know what’s happening now.

Sounds like it’s being taken seriously by police and animal authorities then so that’s good. I hope they find him before he kills more :-( maybe authorities will look into Facebook and Instagram to stop this kind of thing because he’s probably not the only one doing this and making a show of it!

I've not seen (thankfully) what you're referring to. But I have seen some pretty horrific stuff on FB.

However even some of the rabbit groups really annoy me sometimes. Especially when people post about poorly rabbits, a vet visit is recommended but the OP thanks/likes the posters who have offered 'prayers' and totally ignored practical advice.

I've not seen (thankfully) what you're referring to. But I have seen some pretty horrific stuff on FB.

However even some of the rabbit groups really annoy me sometimes. Especially when people post about poorly rabbits, a vet visit is recommended but the OP thanks/likes the posters who have offered 'prayers' and totally ignored practical advice.

We have emailed the RWAF today, I know they can’t really stop abuse on the internet because the people could be anywhere, but we are hoping they can point us in the direction of what to do.....or maybe they can help to get instagram to change their terms as apparently animal abuse isn’t something that needs reporting!

Yes I get really annoyed at that too. Here’s a picture of my rabbit in a total state, what do I do.....when most people would have thought about the vets long before getting to that point. I understand some people want advice on small things or if something is normal or of immediate first aid while travelling to the vets, then fine.

So a bit of good news. Our email to the RWAF got a quick response.

They have forwarded it onto their welfare officer and they are now beginning contact with the RSPCA about it, but want links and screen shots as proof. So my OH is on it now.

But that’s a strong start at least. I hope something good comes out of this and the bunnies didn’t die in vein.

Back