• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit money saving

Alicia

Mama Doe
I wondered if we could have a thread where we could share any deals we find on rabbit related things? I’m spending a fortune on wooden cat litter at the moment so looking online for a cheaper deal. Also when food is on offer we could share links etc.

I use Back2Nature, which was £11.99 on Amazon for 30L not long ago, but it has been out of stock for a while, annoyingly. It's great stuff though, I'd recommend it.

Are wooden pellets okay for bunnies then? I'm wondering because we bought some for our new rescue cat and he hated the feeling under his feet, so now I have a huge, unused bag going to waste.

Pets at home every so often do a deal of 3 x large sacks for £15. It is usually advertised in their newsletter I will let you know next time I see it.

pelleted wood cat litter such as feline pine is exactly the same as equine pine pellets, if you have a farm shop nearby. the cat litter is so much more expensive than the horse.

Thank you William I didn’t know that :) yes Beapig it’s ok although some rabbits like to eat it so you have to keep an eye out for that.

Great idea for a thread :thumb: yes, I use wood pellet horse bedding for litter trays, it’s very absorbent :thumb: if you can store it, baled horse hay is very cheap, and the rabbits I have fed it to seem to prefer it to prepacked pet shop stuff. Fetch it in a duvet cover or better still a bale bag so your car doesn’t get covered;)

I just use newspaper and baled hay, two to three papers per tray that gets changed once a day. I have two people at work who save them for me. So for litter trays I spend £5 every couple of months.

Back