• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Zealand are releasing RHDV1-K5

What is wrong with people? Introduce a species to a new area then kill it off when it “gets out of hand”.

Just like the Wildlife Trust here with the grey squirrels - if I could get back the money I gave that “charity” over the years I would.

Poor, poor bunnies :(

What a long drawn out death. There must be a better way surely. How can anyone think that making any animal suffer for so long is acceptable. :(:(:(

I do know New Zealand species are in trouble (especially flightless birds) due to the introduction of non native species.Predators like foxes,feral cats,stoat's etc.However there should be more humane ways if dealing with wild rabbits .Releasing horrible diseases is not the way to go.Poor buns.

I saw on facebook that it had already been released so I'm a little confused. My grandparents have been in new zealand around wildies so I'm really scared, she did say she'd wash/throw away all the shoes she wore though. What happens when it inevitably spreads to the UK, is there even an approved vaccine yet? :( I know it's awful but if they have to get rid of the rabbits I'd rather they shoot them or train dogs to hunt them, at least it would be quick and wouldn't affect all the rabbits across the world who aren't causing any problems :(

Back