• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr. Beau Brambles wonders if he needs a bit more hay for this cold snap?

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Beau loves his hay! He has instructed us to make sure he is kept warm during the cold weather.
IMG_3228 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

He has two wooden ox bedrooms - one is a large pine ottoman stuffed with straw and hay, the other, facing it, is a smaller box with a bit less hay inside as he doesn't like being too warm.
IMG_3223 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

The other side of the summerhouse also has a scattering of hay.....
IMG_3233 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

His upstairs 'bunk beds' (wooden sleeping box with open sleeping area on top)
IMG_3234 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

We've fixed some Correx onto a couple of his outside windows (being a summerhouse there are quite a few windows) - Correx is great for putting over windows in the cold weather, as you still get plenty of light through.
IMG_3220 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

As you can see, the Correx still lets plenty of light in:
IMG_3231 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

We've carpeted some of the inside walls for him with old carpet off cuts and runners - they're just screwed on, and the do help keep the cold out.
IMG_3226 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

The outside of his house - he likes me to sit out in his garden with him for half an hour every morning...whatever the weather!
IMG_3237 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

IMG_2989 by Sara Thornton, on Flickr

Not quite sure how many bags of hay and straw are in his summerhouse at the moment, but he loves bouncing through it all :lol:

I don't remember seeing this little chap before, but he's just adorable! He has a fantastic and very snug looking home too x

See, no matter how much hay I give him, Sonic always refuses to sit in it! He's currently covered in snow because he's so damn stubborn :roll:

Not sure mine went anywhere near their hay-filled snugglesafe-d carrier yesterday, but they went everywhere else! What a lovely place you have there, Mr. Beau Brambles :D

That looks amazing :) Good idea with the carpet, I wouldn't have thought of that.

I gave Skye a box filled with lots of cosy hay and watched her chin it, investigate all around, climb on top and then drag out every single piece of hay :lol: x

I gave Skye a box filled with lots of cosy hay and watched her chin it, investigate all around, climb on top and then drag out every single piece of hay :lol: x
:love: She's still doing it! She was doing that overnight here: we put some of her straw from the carrier under the box we gave her as a hideaway so it smelled like her and she pulled it all out, meticulously, not all at once, then put it all back, then out again! Very industrious! :D

Hello handsome. And has he got a mortgage for that property? Wowsers. What a pad. That is some amazing set up and I'm sure Mr Beau Brambles is one seriously happy bunny. I am in awe at your skills and just imagine Mr Beau Brambles sitting in there and thinking "This is just fantastic". :love:

:love: She's still doing it! She was doing that overnight here: we put some of her straw from the carrier under the box we gave her as a hideaway so it smelled like her and she pulled it all out, meticulously, not all at once, then put it all back, then out again! Very industrious! :D

Yep :) She's amazing, her other new trick is trying to jump out of the playhouse. It has a stable door and I have to open the door really carefully as she's always right there. Gave me a fright the other day when she jumped right over, I think she was as shocked as I was :shock: but fine thankfully (must do a thread about the 3 of them) x

Back