• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You know your a bun mum when...

Truffpuff

Mama Doe
....any parcel that comes your just as excited about what’s in there for you, and what packaging will make great bunny toys haha!!

I just bought a new hoover, so toy for me! Then the big cardboard box I cut a hole in the side for cats and bunnies to play in. It came with lots of compressed card trays which the buns looooove to chew and I can put treats, hay or pellets in.

Everyone wins!
0e47fb89adb6fd641cc154f5d34b7392.jpg

264e5659044ecd465daf05ef69070ada.jpg

622df9f8f5c47e7c55f4bd8fa9822e57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D I'm the same - my bunnies live outside so they only get the boxes I give them but keeping my cats out of any box I've just opened is impossible!

:D I'm the same - my bunnies live outside so they only get the boxes I give them but keeping my cats out of any box I've just opened is impossible!

This will make you giggle then as my cats are the same.....I barely got in it lol!! So nosey!

The buns have come for a look now :)

194eabcf9d36eed3de844b2cecd125d4.jpg

47d795aeaa96dfa72c36b97d123eb0fc.jpg

68eb71908d201b79ccc618e60ad85528.jpg

c05461b7afab48ff510119b0b8914076.jpg

Awww so cute :love:

My George like these as well:
DP5hnC9.jpg

I can’t put a bag down for a second :p

Haha!! I think your George is a lot like my two, nothing is out of bounds and all bags or boxes or dark places must be explored lol :-D

I hear ya :lol: I've even started doing this at work. We have lots of boxes that just get recycled, I'm tempted, but haven't asked if I can have some :) x

I hear ya :lol: I've even started doing this at work. We have lots of boxes that just get recycled, I'm tempted, but haven't asked if I can have some :) x

Ooooh you could get different sizes and make a bunny castle or fortress :-D lol!! X

I see your new vac is a Shark. will you let us know if you're pleased with it ie does it pick up hay/poops from the carpet, I need a new one soon, and am looking for recommendations! Thanks.

Your pics are lovely, laughed at the black and white cat laid out in the box, they are so funny, can't resist investigating everything.

Sort of, but I tend to collect boxes for putting dried forage in! :S Bunnies occasionally get a box, but being outside I tend not to bother ;P

I see your new vac is a Shark. will you let us know if you're pleased with it ie does it pick up hay/poops from the carpet, I need a new one soon, and am looking for recommendations! Thanks.

Your pics are lovely, laughed at the black and white cat laid out in the box, they are so funny, can't resist investigating everything.

Yes, I went with my OH on the weekend to look in Curry’s and the sales rep that asked us if we wanted help knew nothing and had to basically google my questions or I answered them myself.
Anyway! It came yesterday and I was very excited (sad I know lol!) so set it up to have a go right away.

Putting together was easy peasy as are the instructions. It came with 3 accessories, 1 upholstery tool, one for crevices and the pet tool which looks like a mini hoover head.
So I got a bit of a shock when I first pressed go because it was fairly light anyway, but when on the thing wanted to go by itself! It was so light! The carpet function was very good at getting into the carpet and fluffed it nicely. Off the carpet it picked up hay, hair and bunny poops with no trouble, and using the crevice tool was great for small areas and you can adjust the suck rate on the hose so it doesn’t try and eat rugs etc.

I used the hard floor function in the kitchen and it worked well at getting hay and hair, but didn’t really get poops. But the crevice tool was easy to use to finish those up and get into the hutch too. So not too bad but the carpet was the biggest aim for me.

The only other thing it struggled with, we have a very large thick/tall pile rug in the kitchen which was to help the bunnies get around when they were bonding and we were expanding their space. The hoover being on carpet mode hated this and thought the roller was jammed because the pile was so thick, it still sucked though so I got it mostly done (to be honest we don’t want that rug much longer anyway).

I haven’t tried liftaway mode yet or the pet tool as I got worn out by that point because we hadn’t hoovered for a week and I already did one canister of dirts worth lol! So stairs and sofa next!
Oh and I like the lights on the front so you can clearly see any dust bunnies you’ve missed :) x

Sort of, but I tend to collect boxes for putting dried forage in! :S Bunnies occasionally get a box, but being outside I tend not to bother ;P

Yeah things like that are great to put hay and forage in. We are using a knobbly shaped card divide that cake in a delivery to hold their hay, they love munching and shredding.
Ah yes outside buns I guess you’d have to wait till the suns out so they can have a box in their run etc, or you’d get a soggy box lol. Been there! We left one out in the wet and it got sluggy :-/ eew!

Nice to see the boxes etc being put to good use!

What model is the hoover? We need a new one that can cope with dog hair, hay, guinea pig poop ...

Nice to see the boxes etc being put to good use!

What model is the hoover? We need a new one that can cope with dog hair, hay, guinea pig poop ...

Haha thank you.

Sure it’s a Shark liftaway true pet NV601UKT. There’s a brand new version of it but that was £299 which we can’t afford, but the only difference was the newer one has a powered liftaway but I would only do that for stairs which aren’t that dirty so a bit less suction just for that didn’t matter to us. Sharks website sold it £10 cheaper than we bought it for at currys but curry’s had a 5 year guarantee.

Oh yeah, slugs! That's very true :S

Another 'you know you're a bunny parent' moment when this happens to your bathroom:

DXJjEWDXcAAMZYc.jpg
(oh, this picture won't show, not sure why yet :S)

The pot has Venus Fly Traps in it, and they could do with not being frozen solid :( The brambles are inside so they don't just freeze as well; also Matt likes to keep them in water if he gets a lot and, well, there's no liquid water outside except the canal which is a bit awkward!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, slugs! That's very true :S

Another 'you know you're a bunny parent' moment when this happens to your bathroom:

DXJjEWDXcAAMZYc.jpg
(oh, this picture won't show, not sure why yet :S)

The pot has Venus Fly Traps in it, and they could do with not being frozen solid :( The brambles are inside so they don't just freeze as well; also Matt likes to keep them in water if he gets a lot and, well, there's no liquid water outside except the canal which is a bit awkward!

I can see the picture now :)
Oh no your poor Venus flytraps! The weather has been awful for plants the last few days.

Oooh I just discovered brambles and buns, I did some gardening on the weekend and thought I’d let them try. They seem to like some branches, de-thorning took ages mind! Apparently Truffle has a molar that needs wearing down but he doesn’t really chew any willow sticks or toys so hopefully brambles will help.

It’s funny how they take over haha!

Tee hee, we've never de-thorned ours! They just get the lot. Only the occasional issue with Lopsy getting his ears caught, or somebun deciding to stand on it, then realising, then it getting caught on the other one and that's followed by mad careering around the run until it comes off of a human intervenes :S We even put it out so they won't just get it caught in their fur but they inevitably move it!

I still can't see that picture...!

Tee hee, we've never de-thorned ours! They just get the lot. Only the occasional issue with Lopsy getting his ears caught, or somebun deciding to stand on it, then realising, then it getting caught on the other one and that's followed by mad careering around the run until it comes off of a human intervenes :S We even put it out so they won't just get it caught in their fur but they inevitably move it!

I still can't see that picture...!

Aww bless them.
I wasn’t sure about the thorns, I googled it and it was very 50/50 but i did think wild buns don’t have someone taking thorns off for them lol. I thought it was probably for the best just in case because knowing our luck (and pets that aren’t all there in the brain department) someone would impale themselves haha!

Oh that’s weird....I definitely can :-/

I take it you're nothing bathing at the moment then, keletkezes!
My standard bunny parent one is the fact that there's always bits of hay and Fitch in the microwave and although I have outdoor rabbits there are always bits of hay dotted around the house. No idea how the hay gets everywhere!

My standard bunny parent one is the fact that there's always bits of hay and Fitch in the microwave and although I have outdoor rabbits there are always bits of hay dotted around the house. No idea how the hay gets everywhere!
We have two bathrooms (such a luxury!) and I only shower once a week, although the only time I used the upstairs shower it cut out on me so I only use the downstairs one now :D

A friend exclaimed 'why is there hay in your microwave?' once, to which me and Matt answered in unison 'bunnies' :lol: It DOES get everywhere though, and having outdoor rabbits makes no difference, does it! :lol:

We have two bathrooms (such a luxury!) and I only shower once a week, although the only time I used the upstairs shower it cut out on me so I only use the downstairs one now :D

A friend exclaimed 'why is there hay in your microwave?' once, to which me and Matt answered in unison 'bunnies' :lol: It DOES get everywhere though, and having outdoor rabbits makes no difference, does it! :lol:

I can say I’ve ever found any in the microwave :-/ lol! But I sympathise with it getting everywhere, you sweep the floor and by the time the dustpan load hits the bun the floors covered again. It doesn’t help our two cats eat it and trail it around too.

My favourite thing (not really!!) is when I’m sweeping the floor, the cats roll in my piles and traipse it around the floor again or into the living room! Lol.

Back