• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding in surrey?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
eek, sorry if this is in the wrong place!!

I would just like to ask for future notice, does anybody do, or know of people who could bond in Surrey, perhaps near Redhill? :wave:

the pressure is on a tad as I would like Orion and Luna bonded before June, as I'm heading on holiday for a week and a half. right now Orion is in the top part of the hutch, Luna in the bottom with a play pen attached, and I let Orion out for roughly 8-12 hours every day. the thing is, that's not going to work and he won't be out enough with somebody coming to visit :( so I'd really like them to be sharing the play pen and hutch together by then!

Orion was supposed to be neutered today but the snow has stopped that from happening due to the cold and icy roads. I'll be calling to rebook on friday. so march he will be neutered.

there has been promising signs from both through the play pen, Luna has her head down and both of them groom one another, but I'm not happy to progress until Orion has been neutered. he wants to hump her very badly and I know Luna doesn't like that!!

so I have possibly April, May and the start of June to try and bond, depending on how quickly his hormones settle.

I'm just worried as Luna is blind, so a change of scenery might freak her out, and I'd need somebody to be happy to give her her metacam.

I'll be trying myself first, I'd just like a plan B if my plan A fails :lol:

Back