• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Luna and Orion would like to ask where the grass went!!

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
its been snowing a lot here in surrey, so here is your dose of bunnies playing in the snow :lol:

Orion utterly hated it, he spent all of his time either hiding under me or trying to find a place to hide. poor guy didn't understand at all! I told him to be grateful as if it wasn't for his snow he'd be saying goodbye to his little plums!! this once he didn't fight me to bring him back in.

Luna went ham!! :shock: I haven't seen her that active since being diagnosed with arthritis in november. she was binkying everywhere, zoomies, even trying to eat the snow. she's experienced a small amount before but this was so much more. she seemed very happy. I had to chase the little brat around to get her in.

don't worry, they where out for no more than 5 minutes and after came inside and got wrapped in a heated towel before being offered a snuggle safe. neither are wet and they're not any worse off for their exploration outside!

my friend said they look like powdered doughnuts :lol:

SisHUm3.gif

pC7w7Wq.gif

eWDees8l.jpg

Uki5aIJl.jpg

GL7rEpPl.jpg

SRBpfcZl.jpg

DiAnvnHl.jpg

UzPgJC3l.jpg

U4OnjCZl.jpg

wdl4w6ml.jpg

Oh my gosh they're so cute [emoji7][emoji7]

So here's a question... I'd love to let mine out, think they'd love it.. But they live inside... Ive been scared to death about the temperature change thing and making them sick :( think they'd be okay? x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

its been snowing a lot here in surrey, so here is your dose of bunnies playing in the snow :lol:

Orion utterly hated it, he spent all of his time either hiding under me or trying to find a place to hide. poor guy didn't understand at all! I told him to be grateful as if it wasn't for his snow he'd be saying goodbye to his little plums!! this once he didn't fight me to bring him back in.

Luna went ham!! :shock: I haven't seen her that active since being diagnosed with arthritis in november. she was binkying everywhere, zoomies, even trying to eat the snow. she's experienced a small amount before but this was so much more. she seemed very happy. I had to chase the little brat around to get her in.

don't worry, they where out for no more than 5 minutes and after came inside and got wrapped in a heated towel before being offered a snuggle safe. neither are wet and they're not any worse off for their exploration outside!

my friend said they look like powdered doughnuts :lol:

SisHUm3.gif

pC7w7Wq.gif

eWDees8l.jpg

Uki5aIJl.jpg

GL7rEpPl.jpg

SRBpfcZl.jpg

DiAnvnHl.jpg

UzPgJC3l.jpg

U4OnjCZl.jpg

wdl4w6ml.jpg

beautiful snow bunnies :love: thanks for posting

Oh wow that's amazing! Beautiful bunnies and So. much. snow. :love:

I don't see many videos of snow - it's much bigger chunks falling than I would've thought! Like bits of fluff raining down rather than the little snowflakes gently floating down like you always see in movies.

Oh my gosh they're so cute [emoji7][emoji7]

So here's a question... I'd love to let mine out, think they'd love it.. But they live inside... Ive been scared to death about the temperature change thing and making them sick :( think they'd be okay? x

I'd love to know for sure. I have about 6 inches of virgin snow & I so want to put my bunnies out to play...but they are all warm & snuggly - I wish I knew the answer to your question

I'd love to know for sure. I have about 6 inches of virgin snow & I so want to put my bunnies out to play...but they are all warm & snuggly - I wish I knew the answer to your question
Exactly, Fleur came out for literally 2 mins and had a play I hope that's okay [emoji32] x

Graciee, I think it really depends on the owner & bunny. some owners refuse to let them out until may, but I've been letting both of mine out as some days have been quite mild, 10c and no wind. even so, some would have still thrown a hissy fit at that!! if I posted this on the FB rabbit group I would follow I would have been skinned alive and probably threatened to be reported for abuse :lol:

maybe its my blunt attitude, but if bunny is healthy and young, I don't see an issue. of course if either of these guys are old or sick, I wouldn't dare let them. a 5 minutes in the snow isn't going to kill them, just of course know to read the signs so if bunny wants to go in (mine run to the door) or really isn't enjoying his/herself, bring them in. I put some towels on the radiator to make them warm for when they come in, or you could use a dryer, and heated up the snuggle safe for them to sit on should they need it ��

as long as you dry them off and offer warmth, I don't think they'll mild. Luna is asking to go back out actually :lol:

I've had a bunny make a mad dash outside when it was pouring down, I'm talking 30 seconds outside and you're a drenched rat pouring. opened the door to let mr kitty in, Snoopy dashed out and jumped in all the puddles. he looked like a drowned rat after :lol: he lived to tell the tale. did require a small wash off though as my beautiful opal rex turned into a brown one :?

you could also fill a plastic box or tray and bring it in for them! I've seen some do that, I just have carpet everywhere in the house so that doesn't work!!

I always thought snow was fluffy too William, its been on and off all day. sometimes it comes down in tiny little flakes that look like dandruff, and others like big clumps of fluff. perhaps snow is a white bunny shedding in the sky?

the bunnies thank you for the compliments also ;)

Luna is such a poser sometimes, Orion just believes everything is food!!

Such lovely photos :)

I've just opened the tunnels after being at work and Dottie and Ziggy were straight out in the snow. They can go in whenever they want, so I'm not concerned in that respect. We've just got a bit of a dusting so far x

Graciee, I think it really depends on the owner & bunny. some owners refuse to let them out until may, but I've been letting both of mine out as some days have been quite mild, 10c and no wind. even so, some would have still thrown a hissy fit at that!! if I posted this on the FB rabbit group I would follow I would have been skinned alive and probably threatened to be reported for abuse [emoji38]

maybe its my blunt attitude, but if bunny is healthy and young, I don't see an issue. of course if either of these guys are old or sick, I wouldn't dare let them. a 5 minutes in the snow isn't going to kill them, just of course know to read the signs so if bunny wants to go in (mine run to the door) or really isn't enjoying his/herself, bring them in. I put some towels on the radiator to make them warm for when they come in, or you could use a dryer, and heated up the snuggle safe for them to sit on should they need it [emoji4]

as long as you dry them off and offer warmth, I don't think they'll mild. Luna is asking to go back out actually [emoji38]

I've had a bunny make a mad dash outside when it was pouring down, I'm talking 30 seconds outside and you're a drenched rat pouring. opened the door to let mr kitty in, Snoopy dashed out and jumped in all the puddles. he looked like a drowned rat after [emoji38] he lived to tell the tale. did require a small wash off though as my beautiful opal rex turned into a brown one :?

you could also fill a plastic box or tray and bring it in for them! I've seen some do that, I just have carpet everywhere in the house so that doesn't work!!

I always thought snow was fluffy too William, its been on and off all day. sometimes it comes down in tiny little flakes that look like dandruff, and others like big clumps of fluff. perhaps snow is a white bunny shedding in the sky?

the bunnies thank you for the compliments also ;)

Luna is such a poser sometimes, Orion just believes everything is food!!
Yea I let the out the other weekend was really sunny and warm for a bit, as the temperature inside and outside were very similar - but I always panic a bit if it's warm indoor and really cold outside - Fleur had a really good time though, so hopefully I made the right choice [emoji38]
4c282b5ce049291bc47fda389e685609.jpg
0989b5ae8ee0f61fafcddf81f32f28d8.jpg

�� she's gorgeous graciee!!! she looks like such a little poser :love: if she was my rabbit she would be fat as I couldn't say no to that face! is she a rex? she looks very velvety

B, I'm pretty sure she would be sat in it all day if she was an outdoor bunny :lol:

[emoji50] she's gorgeous graciee!!! she looks like such a little poser :love: if she was my rabbit she would be fat as I couldn't say no to that face! is she a rex? she looks very velvety

B, I'm pretty sure she would be sat in it all day if she was an outdoor bunny [emoji38]

She's such a sweetie after a couple minutes she's sat down underneath me (I was crouching down) so she was out of the light snow I took her in then haha I'm not too sure what she is, but she has the rex coat - she's quite small compared to my other two rexes so I think she might be a mini rex :) x

Stunning photos and videos - wow! They all look like they are loving it :love:

Hadn't thought to let mine out in the snow - Bella and Dennis do go in their run all the time, even when snow has blown in so perhaps I should let them out for a bit. Trevor and Alys both head straight in when it's cold and snowy so I'm not sure they'd be as keen.

I'm keeping my pair in at the moment, they are usually outdoor buns, but my boy has been 'proper poorly' so they are both in the house. We've had a light covering of snow and both have been out, the girl was racing about, binkying and digging in the snow, but I leave the back door open so they can come in when they want to, I don't have to get them in. Parsley came back in after a few minutes, but Toffee had to be 'persuaded' to come in after she sat in the snow for ages. It's really thick here this morning, we've had a lot of snow overnight, so not letting them out just yet, but I wouldn't worry about them going out for a blast. I think they enjoy it!

Back