• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Lillian bun

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Well, a week and a half has now passed since Lillian feel ill, and she stopped meds earlier this week. I'm still none the wiser as to what she was suffering with, but what I can say with some certainty now is that she has made a full and complete recovery. I am quite astonished at the speed she has regained her health. Her appetite is definately back and she's hammering every cabbage and carrot in sight. Her body shape is much better and she doesn't look as lean. She had this very obvious depth in her hind legs when she was in the loaf of bread pose - which gave us the impression she was not toned and losing weight. Now, she is much more rounded and the distinctive creases are no longer there. She looks much more puffed up. Her fur isn't coming out in handfuls and she's much more active. She's spent the whole (cold) day outside galloping round the garden, eating grass and chilling in the garage. She was most reluctant to come in and we had a game of chasey round the garden - showing her cheeky side. She's even starting to relax more when you pick her up. She's not mad on the idea but she does now settle and I think enjoys the cuddle and warmth from it. Her poop pellets are now back to normal and are separate. She's sitting up by the door waiting when I get up - which she used to do before she was poorly. Another sign I think of showing how observation and understanding of our rabbits helps us identify if there's a problem. I'll also post a photo later of young Henry who decided to change his appetite. Thanks to everyone who followed and gave vibes - they certainly worked so a huge thank you from Lillian bun. :wave:
After a hard day playing outside.....
QWcVQKW.jpg

Last edited:
Well, a week and a half has now passed since Lillian feel ill, and she stopped meds earlier this week. I'm still none the wiser as to what she was suffering with, but what I can say with some certainty now is that she has made a full and complete recovery. I am quite astonished at the speed she has regained her health. Her appetite is definately back and she's hammering every cabbage and carrot in sight. Her body shape is much better and she doesn't look as lean. She had this very obvious depth in her hind legs when she was in the loaf of bread pose - which gave us the impression she was not toned and losing weight. Now, she is much more rounded and the distinctive creases are no longer there. She looks much more puffed up. Her fur isn't coming out in handfuls and she's much more active. She's spent the whole (cold) day outside galloping round the garden, eating grass and chilling in the garage. She was most reluctant to come in and we had a game of chasey round the garden - showing her cheeky side. She's even starting to relax more when you pick her up. She's not mad on the idea but she does now settle and I think enjoys the cuddle and warmth from it. Her poop pellets are now back to normal and are separate. She's sitting up by the door waiting when I get up - which she used to do before she was poorly. Another sign I think of showing how observation and understanding of our rabbits helps us identify if there's a problem. I'll also post a photo later of young Henry who decided to change his appetite. Thanks to everyone who followed and gave vibes - they certainly worked so a huge thank you from Lillian bun. :wave:

Thank you for this wonderful update on Lillian :wave:

Yes it's really odd how things turn around, and I'm so glad they do and that our rabbits get better. Even though a lot of the time we don't find out the cause. I had a couple or so weeks of wondering how my downhill bunny was going to pan out and yes the condition of a rabbit can deteriorate rapidly and only our sharp eyes can keep on top of these mysterious creatures.

So young Henry .... I hope this isn't a worrisome thing??

Thank you for this wonderful update on Lillian :wave:

Yes it's really odd how things turn around, and I'm so glad they do and that our rabbits get better. Even though a lot of the time we don't find out the cause. I had a couple or so weeks of wondering how my downhill bunny was going to pan out and yes the condition of a rabbit can deteriorate rapidly and only our sharp eyes can keep on top of these mysterious creatures.

So young Henry .... I hope this isn't a worrisome thing??

Definately not. Young Henry bun decided to reap rabbit revenge on a note I foolishly left on the settee. Obviously he didn't like what was written so he decided to make sure he destroyed the evidence - bite by bite... and then, he decides to lie there - like lord of the manor. How can you be cross when you look at that sweet nethie face.....
u2WNsS4.jpg

NZIJmie.jpg

Definately not. Young Henry bun decided to reap rabbit revenge on a note I foolishly left on the settee. Obviously he didn't like what was written so he decided to make sure he destroyed the evidence - bite by bite... and then, he decides to lie there - like lord of the manor. How can you be cross when you look at that sweet nethie face.....
u2WNsS4.jpg

NZIJmie.jpg

Oh my, Henry's a spy-bun ;):lol:

I'm so pleased to read your positive update about Lillian and what super pics too :D They are both gorgeous rabbits. Will you re-start the bonding attempts now that she is completely better?

Great news that's she back to good health.I did have to do a double take at the ginger "bun" with a chunk of missing fur,lol.I had to zoom in to see that it was indeed a toy.:lol:

I'm so pleased to read your positive update about Lillian and what super pics too :D They are both gorgeous rabbits. Will you re-start the bonding attempts now that she is completely better?

Thank you Omi - yes I will be attempting to bond them. I myself need to feel positive and confident and there's just so much going on with things at the moment that I've not had the positive mindset to introduce them again. They do spend the nights in the same room so they are more than aware of each others smell and sight. I will keep you all updated on the process as it goes.

Great news that's she back to good health.I did have to do a double take at the ginger "bun" with a chunk of missing fur,lol.I had to zoom in to see that it was indeed a toy.:lol:

Indeed - it can give the appearance of a real bun but it has been an absolute savior for the rabbits. They all like to snuggle up to it and it shares the scent of the bunnies so it's quite a communal snuggle toy.

What beautiful bunnies! I'm so glad Lillian is recovered. They are both harlequins ? My Cody was a cream harlequin and he too would spend hours outside in the freezing cold garden nibbling, also needed a littke chase to get him inside !!

What beautiful bunnies! I'm so glad Lillian is recovered. They are both harlequins ? My Cody was a cream harlequin and he too would spend hours outside in the freezing cold garden nibbling, also needed a littke chase to get him inside !!

I'm not entirely sure what breed either is, other than Henry is definately a nethie. I think he is a nethie harlequin cross which should be a relatively friendly combo. He's quite placid but there's a little attitude there. As for Lillian - I'm open to anyone giving me a suggestion as to what breed - cross she might be.

Back