• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm a housebunny now!

Pippin'sMum

Alpha Buck
My poor Parsley with his funny elbow went into stasis on Tuesday morning, I found him very uncomfortable when I got up in the morning, stretching out and obviously not right, so I got him in and dosed him up, but by 8.30 he was no better so off down to the vets for 9.00. They kept him in for fluids and medication, I got him back after work on Wednesday afternoon. I kept him in the house so I could keep an eye on him and give him his meds easily, but was worried about the bond between him and Toffee, his wifebun. So I got her in on Thursday afternoon, and they went straight back together, no problem. He's lived in the house before but she hasn't although she comes in on odd occasions, and has been in the kitchen/garage in bad weather, but she's quite nervous about coming into the living room. Anyway, after a couple of hours under the dining room table, and having her dinner in the kitchen she's now decided she's a housebunny thank you very much! I let them out in the garden for a run about, but they both came almost straight back in, as if 'we live in here now' I've got littertrays and waterbowls everywhere, and the door open into the garage. I can see they will now stay in the house till spring. My poor carpet!!

Im glad Parsley is feeling better:thumb: I love having a house bunny, in fact I wouldn’t have outside bunnies again!

I love having Treacle as a house bunny. I brought her in after we lost her brother, Toffee. She has completely taken over the extension, in fact it's called "Treacles room" now :roll: and has full access to the lounge. I love having her indoors, don't think I could face all those trips out to the shed, like I used to do. Good luck with your two, hope Parsley is better soon xx

My poor Parsley with his funny elbow went into stasis on Tuesday morning, I found him very uncomfortable when I got up in the morning, stretching out and obviously not right, so I got him in and dosed him up, but by 8.30 he was no better so off down to the vets for 9.00. They kept him in for fluids and medication, I got him back after work on Wednesday afternoon. I kept him in the house so I could keep an eye on him and give him his meds easily, but was worried about the bond between him and Toffee, his wifebun. So I got her in on Thursday afternoon, and they went straight back together, no problem. He's lived in the house before but she hasn't although she comes in on odd occasions, and has been in the kitchen/garage in bad weather, but she's quite nervous about coming into the living room. Anyway, after a couple of hours under the dining room table, and having her dinner in the kitchen she's now decided she's a housebunny thank you very much! I let them out in the garden for a run about, but they both came almost straight back in, as if 'we live in here now' I've got littertrays and waterbowls everywhere, and the door open into the garage. I can see they will now stay in the house till spring. My poor carpet!!

Sorry to hear that Parsley has had stasis! How is he now?

It will be lovely to have them indoors with you. Well ... I think so ?? :lol:

Thanks for your good wishes for Parsley, he's doing OK now, seems much better. He has been cuddling up to Toffee which is lovely to see. I stopped giving him metacam a few weeks ago, he's been on it for about 18 months now, and I felt he was doing ok without it, so stopped it, feeling it was better not to medicate if it wasn't necessary. Obviously an unwise decision! Our vets has recently been bought out by a large group, so I saw a young locum when I took him down. He was very good with Parsley, examined him all over, teeth, inside his ears, abdomen, asking questions about diet and living accommodation, he even measured his blood glucose, which I've never known before. Very happy with him.

We seem to be well on the mend now, still giving metoclopramide and ranitidine twice a day and metacam once, but he's eating well and bouncing about now. Flat out on the floor by the radiator at the moment!

Back