• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit spots?

Graciee

Staff member
When I got Fleur she wasn't in the best condition she had bites, cuts and these spots all over her. Vet saw them right after I got her and wasn't sure what they were. They all cleared up and she was fine until she had to spend overnight at a vets for something else unrelated when I got her back she had a few spots again - they're normally on her face/nose anyway they cleared up again.

But she's got one again I noticed it earlier I've attached a picture it's probably hard to see it just looks like a white dot of fur missing but there is a small lump there - does anyone know what these could be?
62afe20cf35beaefd5838c2c7008618b.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Could they be scars from the previous spots that you haven't noticed before?

Or perhaps there may be some residual bacteria from when she first got bitten/cut, and when her immune system is challenged (e.g. a vet trip) it causes the spots to flare up?

I'm interested in what others have to say... Fleur is absolutely gorgeous by the way! :love:

Could they be scars from the previous spots that you haven't noticed before?

Or perhaps there may be some residual bacteria from when she first got bitten/cut, and when her immune system is challenged (e.g. a vet trip) it causes the spots to flare up?

I'm interested in what others have to say... Fleur is absolutely gorgeous by the way! :love:

Yea maybe... She was stressed out Saturday - guy came to fix an outdoor hutch and there was a lot of banging and drilling and she was roaming around the garden - had to pick her up and get her inside (doesn't sound like much but she really spooked herself) I feel like stress is a factor but still not sure what they really are. They are definitely not old ones tho.

And thank you, she's a proper lap bunny compared to my other two :) x

Do they change in colour or size before they disappear ?
Not that I've noticed... The best way I can describe it is a little lump appears - tiny almost like a human spot - it doesn't get a head or anything though and the hair where it is either falls out? Or due to the tiny lump it's almost separates the hair a little? And you see her white skin (her fur isn't as dense as the other two rex bunnies-even though she has the rex type fur I don't actually know what she is) it's very odd

Back